.0.2 - 0.4 Mbps download on 4g LTE on "unlimited" plan
digitalje5u5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having issues with speed for about 7-8 weeks now. I seems to have happened around the time I upgraded to the "Unlimited Plan". I'm getting about .2 - .4 Mbps up and 6-8 Mbps down at best. I've taken multiple troubleshooting steps to make sure it's not an issue on my part or location/signal issues. Firmware is up to date. I've done basic all basic troubleshooting steps. I can't seem to find any issues and my problem appears to be possibly a bottleneck or rate shaping on the Verizon end.

The speeds have been logged over the course of the last 6 weeks.

0 Likes
Re: .0.2 - 0.4 Mbps download on 4g LTE on "unlimited" plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

digitalje5u5, we always want you to have the best possible service, so allow us to help. We have many unlimited plans. Can you please tell us what exact unlimited plan you're on? Does the slow data connection happen everywhere you go or just in one particular location? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Re: .0.2 - 0.4 Mbps download on 4g LTE on "unlimited" plan
digitalje5u5
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

digitalje5u5, we always want you to have the best possible service, so allow us to help. We have many unlimited plans. Can you please tell us what exact unlimited plan you're on? Does the slow data connection happen everywhere you go or just in one particular location? AliciaD_VZW

1.  The fact that you have to ask me which "Unlimited Plan" we are on is a huge issue.  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I only know one meaning for "unlimited" - not limited.

I believe we are currently on the "Always Mostly Ultra Unlimited Data Plan" with the "No, seriously. It's Unlimited!™**" booster pack.

However, I will confirm this against my bill when I get home from my 3rd job, which I need in order to afford this phone plan.

2. The slow data speeds plague us throughout the entire city where we live.  Granted, I haven't driven to Kansas or California or the magical place where you shoot your commercials to test ifwe would get faster speeds there, but I have conducted numerous tests in our area over the course of the last several months.  The screenshots I have show the speed, location, and time.  Hopefully that will help troubleshoot this.

** Results may vary. Unlimited does not mean unlimited. Void where prohibited by law or morals.

0 Likes