1G on Thunderbolt EVEN with LTE On/Off AND Juice Defender!
jmesenburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Thunderbolt is in 1G 75% of the time.  I've tried LTE On/Off app.  I've tried Juice Defender.  Turning 4G on, turning it off (CDMA Auto PRL).  NOTHING WORKS!!!  Please help!  I just don't get it!  If 4G is unavailable- fine! But WHY does it automatically drop to 1G?!  Why not 3G???. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 1G on Thunderbolt EVEN with LTE On/Off AND Juice Defender!
jmesenburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me again!  I rebooted and removed battery.  3G is back@  Yay!  Is this something that's going to happen a lot?  Cause that battery cover is a PAIN!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Did you reboot the phone (/w battery pull)/

Did you check for a software update first?

0 Likes
jmesenburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone was rebooted with new extended battery (which is AMAZING) two days ago.  Same problems.  Update?  Wha?

0 Likes
jmesenburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh- Juice Defender update?  It's up to date.  I removed the LTE app cause I figured having both was not needed?  I had 4G once today.  Besides that- it's been all 1G  :smileysad:

0 Likes
jmesenburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me again!  I rebooted and removed battery.  3G is back@  Yay!  Is this something that's going to happen a lot?  Cause that battery cover is a PAIN!

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

jmesenburg wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry. I am glad that rebooting the device by pulling the battery out helped restore your 3G connection. Sometimes removing the battery is needed because doing a power cycle does not always compete a soft reset. I do hope that you would have to do this often. Just make sure that when you power off the device, it does go completely off. You still could have a trace of power being maintained on the device even if at first glance it can be assumed it was powered off because the screen was not lit up. The battery cover can be a challenge to remove. However, it can be a sense of security knowing that your battery will stay seated in your phone without some accidental push or bump that might try jar open the cover. I wish you a good day.  

0 Likes