1X Code for Data
EINDAV99

Why does my phone show 1X while I am using my data in school, when it used to show 4G?  I am using a Samsung S4 and the zip code is 76544.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1X Code for Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EINDAV99, our valued customer’s service concerns are always our top priority and we take pride in having the most reliable network. I’m very sorry to hear that you’re experiencing service issues with your S4 Smartphone while at school. Just to be sure we’re on the same page; I’ve noted your reference to the service issues while using your data are happening indoors. If this is only happening indoors, this tells us that the issue is not related to the network itself but is likely related to the building structure (e.g. while you’re inside your school). Does your service improve when you’re outdoors?

There are many factors that can impact wireless signal especially while indoor, but we want to make sure we’re on the right path to get this issue resolved for you. How long have you been experiencing service issues using your data while at your school in the 76544 zip code? Have you run a Device Health Check on your S4? We’d like you to initiate this process by visiting our website at: http://vz.to/2rpqwsD. Please pay close attention to the notifications in yellow and Red and share those results with us. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TheBryceIsRight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you on one of the unlimited plans that came out in 2017?

0 Likes
boo_hiss

I am having the same issue.  In the last 10 - 14 days my phone service in Seattle, Wa has dropped to almost exclusively 3G or 1X data.  This happens at multiple locations, indoors and outdoors.  I have a Nexus 6P.  I have called the 1-800# and troubleshot the issue to no avail (troubleshooting  [removed] ).  I called back in tonight to try and get some more advanced troubleshooting, but I didn't have a second phone line to call from.  I asked the tech email me instructions and I would perform the steps on my own once our call ended.  Unfortunately he just sent me a link to the verizon wireless troubleshooting assistant, which apparently doesn't include my phone model and also didn't have help for my issue.  I'm not really sure why I am paying these exorbitant prices when I can't even get this "most reliable network" or decent customer service.  I need a resolution and an account credit for the limited service.

Ticket number removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes