3G fine, 4G drops inside the apartment...new development
scotta0471
Enthusiast - Level 3

Starting only this last weekend (4/9/11), I am now not able to get a constant 4G connection from my Pantech modem inside my apartment.  Outside, or in a Verizon store, it works fine.  This is consistent with 3 different computers, all running Windows 7.  I've used several different settings using CTRL+D in the VZAccess Manager, same results.

This is crucial for me to correct since this is my only home Internet connection, and I work from home once a week.  What's most odd is that before 4/9, the 4G connection worked great on my work computer, strong 4G connection all day.  What would change the strength of a 4G signal from one day to the next?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3G fine, 4G drops inside the apartment...new development
scotta0471
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well never mind I guess...like magic it's working fine today...or I should say like it was working before.  I still drop signal reception ever 49 minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
scotta0471
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well never mind I guess...like magic it's working fine today...or I should say like it was working before.  I still drop signal reception ever 49 minutes.

0 Likes
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know who puts those "solved"  thingies on these threads?  If so,  tell them to stop doing it.   This gives a false idea, that a specfic problem was solved then the issue is in fact not known.    Solved implies that an issue was fully investigated and and fix was found -  it does not mean that a problem went away for a couple of days.  

Re loss of 4G,  note that Verizon's 4G operates in a completely different frequency band at 700 MHz , not the 1900 MHz 3G/voice band.  The 700 MHz band has quite different transmission and interference issues.    Try to identify any changes in your environment that may affect performance.    Weather, construction,  humidity,  location, etc.    Also,  let us know the signal strength and SNIR reported (mouse over the green bars and you will see those numbers).   Thanks,  Dave

0 Likes