3G only service In 4G LTE coverage area
howier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased the New iPad from Apple. Although I havn't enabled my Verizon service yet, if I turn off my wi-fi service it shows the Verizon signal is 3G.  According to Verizon's coverage map, I am definitely in the middle of a native 4G LTE coverage area.  I don't know if I have a defective iPad or the coverage map is not accurate.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you

Howie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G only service In 4G LTE coverage area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi howier,

I understand your concerns regarding 4G coverage for your device. Please be assured that if you experience any coverage issues once you activate cellular service with us, we will troubleshoot and resolve your concerns. Keep in mind that we cannot troubleshoot coverage issues on devices that have not been activated.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Frankaj

I'm having the same problem. According to Verizon coverage map I'm covered by 4gLTE. But I'm lucky to even get a signal. This past weekend while driving around Tucson I rarely had LTE coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no Frankaj. Are you holding out on enabling your Verizon service too, or have you already fully activated your iPad? Tucson is a fairly well covered area, but until the LTE SIM is activated on the network, the coverage isn't updated properly and may show 3G where LTE is actually available. If you've already activated, try rebooting your SIM & iPad http://bit.ly/H91kd6 to make sure the device is updated to our network. I'd also suggest to make sure your iPad's firmware is up to date http://bit.ly/SPNi5L to help it perform as smooth as possible.

Keep us posted if you still experience trouble.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes