4G/3G Throttle and Network Status question: Syracuse, NY
jlallier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually have a few questions:

1. Is there a place to check Verizon Network Statuses online easily, and if so, what is the URL
  2. Anyone know of an app or setting that will let you know if your phone switches from 1X/3G/4G connectivity?  (I have a Tbolt)
  3. If there is no network status page/lookup, has anyone else in the Syracuse, NY are been experiencing 3G/4G "throttling" over the past couple of days? (Or can a VZW rep. let me know if this is an issue?)

I guess if not done already, I would like to submit my suggestion to VZW that they create a "Network Status" lookup page where you can enter in a State and/or City and see if there are any issues via interactive map or RSS feed or something. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G/3G Throttle and Network Status question: Syracuse, NY
Andreas601
Contributor - Level 1

jlallier wrote:

I actually have a few questions:

1. Is there a place to check Verizon Network Statuses online easily, and if so, what is the URL
  2. Anyone know of an app or setting that will let you know if your phone switches from 1X/3G/4G connectivity?  (I have a Tbolt)
  3. If there is no network status page/lookup, has anyone else in the Syracuse, NY are been experiencing 3G/4G "throttling" over the past couple of days? (Or can a VZW rep. let me know if this is an issue?)

I guess if not done already, I would like to submit my suggestion to VZW that they create a "Network Status" lookup page where you can enter in a State and/or City and see if there are any issues via interactive map or RSS feed or something. 

1. I am not aware of VZW allowing public access to a network status page. If you are having issues, your best bet is to call VZW (611 from your wireless phone) and talk to Tech Support who can look at network status in your area.

2. The Thunderbolt does have an icon next to your signal meter that will show you what network you are connected to (1X, 3G, 4G). If you'd like to force your phone to a particular mode, you can use an app called "LTE Switch".

A network status page would be nice, but I doubt that will happen. What I would like to see is true street level coverage maps and not the current maps that don't show signal strenght/quality.

0 Likes
jlallier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Andreas601 wrote:

1. I am not aware of VZW allowing public access to a network status page. If you are having issues, your best bet is to call VZW (611 from your wireless phone) and talk to Tech Support who can look at network status in your area.

2. The Thunderbolt does have an icon next to your signal meter that will show you what network you are connected to (1X, 3G, 4G). If you'd like to force your phone to a particular mode, you can use an app called "LTE Switch".

A network status page would be nice, but I doubt that will happen. What I would like to see is true street level coverage maps and not the current maps that don't show signal strenght/quality.

1. My suggestion was to create a simple network status page where someone can put in their area code or even Zip Code and it would tell them all the issues/outages within a certain mile range.  There are times when calling a number is not possible (in the case of a complete outage) and being able to look that info up is not uncommon for other services.  (Traffic, Cable TV, etc. all seem to have such pages.)
  2. Yes, I know all about the icon telling me about what my Data connection is at.  (In fact, I have a special application on my ROM that allows me to easily force a specific connection if I so desire.)  My question was an app that some how "notifies" you via sound/ringtone/screen popup/etc. of when the data connection changes.
  3. I still am seeing 3G/4G switching today...  anyone in Upstate NY getting the same?
0 Likes
Not applicable

jlallier,

Hi there!

At this time, we do not offer service alerts online. However, I did look at the Syracuse, NY area and found no outages/alerts. If you are still experiencing issues, feel free to PM me so I can assist further with your concerns.

Thank you!

0 Likes