4G Coverage
USMCnva

Does anyone know why Verizon has seen fit to pass over all of Virginia in 4G coverage?  AT&T here i come. ha 

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Coverage
Spiral
Master - Level 1

USMCnva wrote:

Does anyone know why Verizon has seen fit to pass over all of Virginia in 4G coverage?  AT&T here i come. ha 

Thanks

Financial reasons I would guess (if it is true).  In other words, maybe the Virginia area is not profitable enough (for VZW) to warrant immediate upgrade to 4g and/or the costs for the upgrade are unusually high.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We are expanding our 4G coverage rapidly.  It starts mostly in major metropolitan areas and major airports then spreads to smaller cities after that. If you look at 4G Coverage Link, and click on the coming soon tab, there is 4G coverage coming to Bristol Virginia.  Through that same link, you can also sign up for email updates when 4G comes to your area so you don't have to proactively check the site week after week or month after month.  

Thanks for posting.  

0 Likes
QaSpel

Thanks for the information about Virginia.  I'm curious though, this is nothing against Bristol, but there are several much bigger markets in the state that haven't been covered yet, namely Richmond and Hampton Roads (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, etc.).  Is there any insight into why these areas aren't covered yet, and when they will be? Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It probably depends on where the infrastructure exists already and if Verizon own the rights to the spectrum in the area. They might have to depend on their partners to complete the infrastructure first before Verizon can deploy the 4G LTE network there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
g2pro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does not see the coming soon tab on http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#!/coverage

0 Likes