4G Down?
bakedake

Does anyone else have trouble with their services going in and out.  I usually have just find service but yesterday and today and a few times in the past month, I will get a white 4g symbol that nevers goes blue and thus I have basically no internet service.   This happens inside and outside and I have worked and lived in the area for 2 plus years so its something new to Oak Ridge TN... It goes down for a few hours at a time too... never had this problem before and I asked a friend whom also has verizon and same thing on her phone, it doesnt ever load just times out and when I try to put on WI_FI it says its unavailable or Verizon is not responding...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Down?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is 4G new to the area? Could Verizon be expanding their coverage of 4G in the area? It might be maintenance or overloaded towers.

To find out, you might have to call customer service and ask. This is a peer to peer community forum so us customers wouldn't know anymore then you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ace10

Total service is out in parts of East Texas ( I have a Droid 3G ). I worked with Verizon via my non-verizon laptop for almost 40 minutes and they claimed all towers up and working fine. But it is odd that even other neighbors don't have service.

0 Likes
bakedake

No I wish Smiley Happy...Like I mentioned this going out is something new to the area... I have lived here two+ years and have had 4G as long as I can remember...

0 Likes
bakedake

When this happened eariler this month, I got the same answer... Its just really frustrating since the only way I can talk to my fiance is over fb messanger and skype since he is in Afganistan....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear bakedake,

Good morning. I understand the importance of ensuring you receive consistent 4G service. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been experiencing.

So that we can get to the bottom of your service concerns, I have a few questions. What make & model phone are you using? When you notice the 4G service issues, have you tried removing/reinserting your SIM card?  I have also verified there are no reported issues in Oak Ridge, TN. How long have you been experiencing 4G signal issues? We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bakedake

Michelle

I have a Motorola droid razr.  As for the other people experiencing the same problems, I can not tell you.  I do not have the opportunity to remove the sim card on this phone. I do turn it on and off several times usually if is out for more than a few minutes.    Anytime I call when it is not working they always tell me there are no issues.  I know this is not just my phone because like I mentioned, this is happening on others peoples phones as well.  And it is very intermittent.  It seems to have happened for each day this week and some last week. Sometimes only for like 30 minutes other times for a few hours 1 to 3 times a day.  Before that it probably started in June but only maybe happened twice before last week that I noticed.  It happens inside and outside. I have sat outside in my car for 30 minutes and it still didn't come through.  I have seem to have perfect service in Knoxville where I live (I moved out of the Oak Ridge area this month, but I still work here). Drove all the way to Indiana this past weekend and it worked the whole time. So it seems to be in this area only that I am experience issues.  Hope that this helps and its not too in depth for you.  Thank you!

Kelly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear bakedake,

Good morning. Thank you so much for providing us with additional information. Let's try removing the SIM card on your phone. This will help reset the network. To remove the SIM card from your phone click http://vz.to/19QSEGL then test service. Have we submitted a trouble ticket with our network engineers regarding service you have been experiencing?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes