4G Handset Release Date
badbul
Anyone have any information on when Verizon will release the new 4G smart phones?

I know the Thunderbolt is already out, what I'm specifically looking for is the Bionic.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G Handset Release Date
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
A leaked roadmap is posted in the link. Treat as a rumors for the moment.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/Anyone-know-when-the-Samsung-Stealth-is-coming/td-p/487910...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
A leaked roadmap is posted in the link. Treat as a rumors for the moment.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/Anyone-know-when-the-Samsung-Stealth-is-coming/td-p/487910...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
badbul
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to wait till May to find out for sure? I don't know why Verizon will not post release date information.
0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

badbul wrote:
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to wait till May to find out for sure? I don't know why Verizon will not post release date information.

They don't post release date information because they know they can't count on the 'Projected" dates from the phone manufacturer's based on past experience.  No information (in VZW opinion) is better than bad information.  That is my guess.

0 Likes
Not applicable
It would be dumb for Verizon to publish release dates even if they knew them. It would be like "don't buy our Thunderbolt phone because the new Bionic is coming out on such and such date." There is absolutely no reason they should publish this information in advance.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It might be even June before the DROID Bionic is released. Just have to wait and see. Verizon announced that they would be releasing four smartphones for the 4G LTE network by the first half of 2011. The Thunderbolt, LG Revolution, Motorola DROID Bionic, Samsung 4G LTE smartphone (now the DROID Charge?) were announced at CES 2011.

0 Likes