4G Hotspot/Mifi looking for real-life support. Is this impossible?
ratebeer

The Verizon Wireless web site forwards me to a number that is no longer in service. Automated robot chat does nothing. Human sales chat simply refers me to the same automated number that hangs up on me. This is quite frustrating. In 2012 do I really have to use snail mail to communicate with Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Hotspot/Mifi looking for real-life support. Is this impossible?
ratebeer

Do I have a necessarily have a phone number associated with my account? This seems to be the deal breaker. I don't have the number on my bill and have no way of accesssing any online account services.  

0 Likes
ratebeer

Is there any number I can call to pay my bill and set up automated bill pay, thereby bypassing the need to log in which I can't do?

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

What are you needing to do? Are you needing to register a My Verizon account?

0 Likes
ratebeer

Ultimately, I want to pay my bill. Registering a Verizon account would seem to put one step closer? If so, then yeah, that's something I'd like to do.

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Alright, do you have mobile phones with Verizon?

If no, the only way to register a My Verizon account is to get a temporary password sent to your home by snail mail and go from there to pay the bill online and register for auto pay. But while you are waiting on that, you can pay over the phone.

Do you have the mobile number that is on your Mifi device?

0 Likes
ratebeer

I have no mobile phone from Verizon. (I'm using Skype and Google Voice over my hotspot with a couple different devices.)

There is no mobile phone number on my MyFi device. It does have an account number but that has been useless in setting up an account.

0 Likes
ratebeer

BTW, thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, the device does come with a mobile number because that is how Verizon keeps track of your usage, what I would recommend doing is going into your local store and they can look up your account and give you the mobile number that is on it. Then call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 and since you will have the mobile number, you should have a problem with making a payment over the phone. And they should be able to set you up with getting a temporary password sent to your home so you can set up the My Verizon account!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We offer a couple of different options to set up Automatic Bill Pay. You are able to set this up by calling 866-868-3882, or it can be set up via My Verizon. Your bill will show the phone number associated with your device. You will need the mobile number to set it up if calling the toll-free number. Please note that once it is set up, the very first payment will have to be made manually. This is due to the verification process between Verizon Wireless and your banking institution, which takes about one billing cycle. 

You can pay your wireless bill by sending payment with the remit slip, or you can call 1-800-922-0204 and we can assist you with your payment over the phone. You can also pay via your online account. 

If you are still having trouble setting up your online account, please note that you can use the mobile number associated with your account as your Username. Again, the information for the mobile number assigned to your Hotspot is listed on your wireless bill. 

I hope this information is helpful for you. Have a great day!

0 Likes