Re: 4G LG 600 usb modem
wvranch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I may have stumbled on the fix for the error code WMC-671 with the VL600 USB Modem.

I like the rest of you have been plaqued with the error code WMC-671, dropping connections, automatic reconnections with high noise levels, etc ... I have done all the things that everyone else has done and gone through the ordeal with the two levels of tech support and got absolutely no where.

Today I got a message on my computer saying that my connection was public on my desktop PC. So I went to the control panel under HomeGroup (Windows 7) and changed it from Public to HomeGroup. Ever since I have done that, for whatever reason, I have not experienced the problem anymore. I'm not losing connections nor getting the error code when trying to connect. I don't know if it is just a fluke but if it is I will accept it. If it is not and it helps others, great.

Just wanted to share the info and hope you have the same results. 

0 Likes
wvranch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well scratch everything I said as I just had a failure so it was just a fluke that it lasted so long. But I think I can say with some confidence that the 4G VL600 modem is a piece of crap. Never had a problem with my 3G USB 760 modem.

wvranch wrote:

I may have stumbled on the fix for the error code WMC-671 with the VL600 USB Modem.

I like the rest of you have been plaqued with the error code WMC-671, dropping connections, automatic reconnections with high noise levels, etc ... I have done all the things that everyone else has done and gone through the ordeal with the two levels of tech support and got absolutely no where.

Today I got a message on my computer saying that my connection was public on my desktop PC. So I went to the control panel under HomeGroup (Windows 7) and changed it from Public to HomeGroup. Ever since I have done that, for whatever reason, I have not experienced the problem anymore. I'm not losing connections nor getting the error code when trying to connect. I don't know if it is just a fluke but if it is I will accept it. If it is not and it helps others, great.

Just wanted to share the info and hope you have the same results. 

0 Likes
edgarsdroid

You have to make sure your computer is plugged in to the wall.  A lot of computers have a battery saving mode that disables some of the network adapters for power comsumption, make sure you change the settings for the future but after you plug in your computer to the wall you might want to restart VZW or your computer and it should work again.  It's a computer issue not your verizon wireless modem.

0 Likes
MiamiGuy

Had the WMC671 error code for the first time this morning after almost two months of use.  The modem would not work in either my desktop or laptop.  I figured it must be a modem problem so I took it back to the store and told them the error code.  After some consulting with the resident 4G tech, I was told it was a network problem they were experiencing affecting only 4G devices and would soon be corrected.  After I returned home some time later I tried the card and it worked fine.  So, evidently it sometimes is the network.

0 Likes
edgarsdroid
It is not a network issue. It's a computer issue. If your pc is running low n battery it will disable the network drivers in your pc for power consumption.
0 Likes
gfolk73

edgarsdroid wrote:
It is not a network issue. It's a computer issue. If your pc is running low n battery it will disable the network drivers in your pc for power consumption.

I've tried the LG VL600 on two computers, one a laptop running Windows XP, and the other a Toshiba Netbook running Windows 7 Starter edition. Everytime I've tried I have had the computers plugged into AC from the wall, never running off of battery. I have tried all 3 USB ports on both computers, and everytime I've gotten the "Error WMC671" error. 

I just uninstalled the VZ Access Manager software completely (and the drivers), rebooted, and reinstalled the latest version of VZ Access manager that I just downloaded from the website (and confirmed it was the latest by doing the "check updates" and got "you are running the latest version"), and I still get the Error WMC671. 

I have NEVER gotten this modem to connect on 4G, 3G, or any cellular network. 

This issue is most definitely NOT "solved". 

0 Likes
kmyvz

It sounds as the stance VZ Wireless is taking is that it's not their problem but ours.

We can either spend countless time reconnecting and rebooting or change providers.

The overall support from VZ wireless has been terrible lately. It's time to move.

0 Likes
Not applicable
The solution is simple. Stay away from 4G until Verizon gets their 4G network working properly. Anyone who would buy a 4G device right now is nuts.
0 Likes
borbor

In my case, I had to call tech support.  The 4G card I had upgraded to did not get activated.  They took off the older card, activated the new one and it worked.  Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
gshock31

My internet connection was timing out all the time.  So I went to the Verizon Store and showed them.  They felt I needed a new Modem.  I bought this Modem.  In other words, I wasn't trying to upgrade for the sake of upgrading.   This thing gives that error code a lot.  Sometimes I can get online with it, and sometimes I can't.  I am using Windows Vista, so I don't have a Homegroup option.  In my personal Opinion the Modem is flaky.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.   Today It wouldn't let me get online, so I just started plugging it into different usb ports.  Finally one of them said "Installing Driver"  And now I'm online.  But most of the time, when I get that error code, I just unplug the modem and plug it back in, until it decides to work.  It's very aggravating.  I hope Verizon will read what you all and I have said, and finally address the issue.  It's probably something simple like a firmware upgrade.

0 Likes