4G LTE Advanced......so, so slow!!!
JeepGirlFlorida
Enthusiast - Level 2

So awhile back we purchased brand new Google Pixel phones. We have been with Verizon for over 20 years....originally Alltel. We were on 10GB and stayed on the 10GB plan. Not too long after we purchased the new phones Verizon introduced their Unlimited Plan. We have not switched to the unlimited. Seems like about a month into their new promotion our 4G LTE Advanced came to a screeching halt. I cannot believe how slow our data is now. Verizon swears they are not throttling us down. They said we pay for 10GB on the fastest speed and that is what we get. They have tried to reset, push updates, change SIM card, reboot, reboot, reboot and nothing has helped. I just keep getting one excuse after another. This is miserable. I have to use this phone for work and it is so frustrating. Then for personal I just give up. It is so bad that there are times that I cannot even open comments on facebook. It just spins, spins and spins some more. I have actually set my phone down and walked away only to find that it still is not finished trying to download. Finally, the last Verizon salesperson did say that they will give priority between my husband and I. If one has used more data, then the other one gets faster speeds. However, this doesn't make sense either because I am the one with the lowest data since I do not play games, but I am almost always slow. I am hoping that someone can give a suggestion. I would really like to hear from Verizon and have someone just admit to me that they are not slowing us down and what our options are to correct it. UGH!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Advanced......so, so slow!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeepGirlFlorida,

We certainly do not want to hear about you having such troubles. Are you able to go to speedtest.net and run two tests for me? Run a test from inside and a test from outside. Let me know what the Upload/Download speeds are. This will give me a better idea of what you are having to deal with.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JeepGirlFlorida
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Nicole,

So I did the test twice while at home while connected to my wifi in zip code 34610. Then I tested it while in the New Port Richey / Port Richey area zip code 34668 while on my Verizon data plan and then again at home on my data plan 34610.

I have attached the results. The Jun 2 and Jun 3 which were incredibly fast are on my wifi. The other are on my Verizon data plan. All 4 of these times I was able to download. I will continue to test, but can tell you that many times I just totally freeze up and cannot download anything.

I really believe that Verizon has messed with our speeds (throttling us) since you have introduced the unlimited. I was not having these problems previously. We are NOT on the unlimited, but now that you have many of your customers on that plan I am sure you are holding back to divide among everyone.

Thank you,

MichelleScreenshot_20170605-193501.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your services to be working at top-notch speeds. Just to confirm, any issues with Unlimited would be after 10GB hotpsot and 22GB of LTE usage on your device. Speeds would be noticeably slower, down to ~600 KBps. I believe your device may be experiencing issues if you're confirming it's freezing. These speeds tests indicate you are not being impacted by unlimited.

May I ask what troubleshooting you've done thus far? Are other devices impacted?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes