4G LTE Early Termination Fee
mrslisa2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 4G LTE Internet and I would like to know if early termination is pro-rated...if so, how much will I be charged for each month remaining on my contract at the time of cancelation? (as an example-Early Termination fee is  $300 and I have 12 months remaining. If it is $10 a month to cancel I would be charged $120 for the remaining 12 months) Hope I have asked this clearly enough. Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE Early Termination Fee
mama23dogs
Legend

Copied from the Terms of service.

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. For other contract terms entered into prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Copied from the Terms of service.

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. For other contract terms entered into prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

mrslisa2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You for your reply! My contract for my 4G LTE started on 4/30/15...a $175 fee minus the $5 a month for service is better than the $350 a month - $10 a month! Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are considering canceling service, mrslisa2u. Thank you mama23dogs for providing the breakdown for the termination fee. Why are you considering canceling service?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

SO, you do not have an advanced device?   The $175 is for basic and flip phones or "free" tablets.

Most phones would be considered advanced and have a $350 termination.

0 Likes
mrslisa2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I have the 4G LTE home internet service....guess that termination fee is different?

0 Likes
mrslisa2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the break down that mama23dogs gave correct for my 4G LTE? We are choosing to terminate in the next week or so because we are at the highest amount of data you allow...30gb a month, it is not enough with 3 college students in the house, and we can't stream movies because it burns to much data. We now have a better option, that is unlimited data, and $70 cheaper a month. Many around us have it, and it works perfectly. Can't help but go for the cheaper, and better deal!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mrslisa2u

It would definitely sadden me to see you leave. However, I want to ensure you have all the necessary information you need to help you with your decision.

So that I may, please reply to my Direct Message so that I can obtain some additional information from you. Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes