4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m having problems with getting the Verizon 4G LTE Extender to work on my Xfinity Xfi Home Network.  The 4G LTE Extender box keeps “hanging” on connecting to the Verizon SeGW Server on Port 4500.  It connects, but then disconnects and status is “Authorization Failure”.  It does this every 15 seconds.

The Extender box, upon startup, goes thru Hardware & Software Initializations, and then connects to my Xfinity Xfi Router/Modem.  It then establishes coverage from a multitude/adequate number of GPS Satellites, but gets “hung” connecting to the Verizon SeGW Server on Port 4500.

I’ve been on the Verizon and Xfinity support lines a “gazillion” times.  They each point the “finger” at each other!  Verizon says that Xfinity needs to “unlock” certain Ports for this to work.  Xfinity says that the required Ports are not blocked.  Verizon also says that the 4G LTE Extender is “registered”, so it should have no problem getting into the SeGW Server.

Verizon provided me the following Ports/Settings that are needed to make the Extender work:

­Ports:

• UDP 319
  • UDP 320
  • UDP 500
  • UDP 4500
  • UDP 52428 + 20906
  • TCP/UDP 443 + 80

Other Settings:

• Make sure ESP packets are not blocked by the firewall on the downstream
  • Enable high QoS for the Femto (LTE Extender)
  • Make sure MTU Size is set to 1448 or higher
  • Enable DMZ: recommended.  NOT required.  Common on most consumer routers.

I talked to Xfinity and they say that all the above should be OK, without any problem.

I tried playing around with the Xfi Router Firewall – doesn’t make a difference.  Also, I tried Port Forwarding and Port Triggering for the above Ports and putting the Verizon 4G LTE Extender in the Router DMZ, and none of those solve the problem.

I gotta believe that across the USA that there are many people that have the Verizon 4G LTE Extender working with an Xfinity Xfi Home Network !!

Am I missing something?  I also can’t believe that Verizon and/or Xfinity can’t resolve this issue.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated… Thanks much…

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jcr21 wrote:

I’m having problems with getting the Verizon 4G LTE Extender to work on my Xfinity Xfi Home Network.  The 4G LTE Extender box keeps “hanging” on connecting to the Verizon SeGW Server on Port 4500.  It connects, but then disconnects and status is “Authorization Failure”.  It does this every 15 seconds.

.   .   .

.   .   .

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated… Thanks much…

Did this ever work or is it the initial install of the 4G LTE Extender?  It sounds to me like there is something wrong/corrupted in the database/server where the extender MAC ID is associated/registered with your account.  Having tech support remove the MAC ID and re-registering it might help.  888-262-1999 is another number that has Network Extender Tech Support that might help.  Good luck.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey there,

Thx much for response and suggestions and phone #.  I'll give that all a try.

Yes this is a new installation with a new box, although Verizon sent me a 2nd new box to try.  Again, the 2nd one didn't solve the problem.

Thx again...

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jcr21 wrote:

Hey there,

Thx much for response and suggestions and phone #.  I'll give that all a try.

Yes this is a new installation with a new box, although Verizon sent me a 2nd new box to try.  Again, the 2nd one didn't solve the problem.

Thx again...

One other thing to look at in your router/firewall is IPsec settings.  The UDP port 4500 traffic is 'UDP Encapsulation of IPsec Packets' according to Wireshark and the router/firewall needs to support IPsec.

jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey again,

I explored my router settings and unfortunately couldn't find any setting associated with IPSec.

Also tried the phone # you previously provided and it answered as the "Accessibility" center.  Didn't sound like that line would help my Extender/Router I/F issues.

But - Thx much again for you further suggestions...

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jcr21 wrote:

Hey again,

.   .   .

Also tried the phone # you previously provided and it answered as the "Accessibility" center.  Didn't sound like that line would help my Extender/Router I/F issues.

.   .   .

Yes, that phone number answers that way but if you go through the IVR, you can reach technical support for Extenders.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for your post. We understand you are needing assistance with your 4G LTE Network Extender. Please send us a Private Note for more information! *Latecia

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jav6 wrote:

@jcr21 wrote:

Hey again,

.   .   .

.   .   .

Yes, that phone number answers that way but if you go through the IVR, you can reach technical support for Extenders.

When the IVR asks 'Are you having calling issues with a device', answer NO.

When the IVR asks 'In a few words, how can we help you?', answer 'Network Extender'

It will then transfer you to support.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details. Keep us posted with the results, we want to make sure that the issue is resolved. -Pamela

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3
OK. Thx again for your inputs. I'll try that phone # again...