Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi there Laticia,

Thx for your reply to this.

I'm a "newbie" to this Community.

How do I send you a "private message" ?

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is a Tech Support link and number as well

https://www.verizon.com/support//troubleshooting/

800-837-4966

*Nicole

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.     *Mabell

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I do a "Private Message" ?

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I figured out how to do a "Private Message" and sent one to Verizon Support.

By the way - the 2 phone numbers provided to me previously (800-837-4966 & 888-262-1999) get me to the same place I've been calling for the last month where I haven't found anyone that has helped me with this problem.

How do I get connected with someone that has some in-depth knowledge of this 4G LTE Extender device.  Everyone I've talked to doesn't know anymore about it than I do.

Thx...  @jcr21.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jcr21 

Has any of the level 2 tech support agents removed your extender's MAC ID from the database and re-registered it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not yet !!!

I keep asking...  In fact I'm in a "private message" loop with them right now.

I'll keep all of you posted.

Thx again for your help...

jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't get anywhere with the Private Message thing !!

They keep asking me to go to Private Chat and provide me some "Best Value" solutions.  They won't answer what the "Best Value" solutions would be.

They also don't answer questions re: the SeGW Server and I provided the last 4 digits of the MAC addresses for the 2 Extenders I currently have in my possession.

Then they said they can't support me because they can only use "Tools" that debug the Extender(s) on a Verizon Network.  But I have an Xfinity home network.  Apparently they wasted my time and didn't read the info I sent them.

I'm thinking that Verizon Support can't really help me.

I'm going to call the Support Line again and ask for the Supervisor, then the next Supervisor, and then the next Supervisor, etc.

This is totally absurd.......

I've been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer, with multiple lines, for over 20+ years.  Only reason I'm trying to make the Extender(s) work is that my home Cell Phone reception has significantly degraded over the last several weeks.  We can't get any answers on why, or when it will get better.  It used to be very good.

Very frustrated loyal Verizon Customer.......

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done everything.  I.e. tried your Verizon Support Lines, Private Messaging, etc.

I'm keeping you posted....

Verizon has been no help on this issue and you guys seem to be wasting my time.

I keep talking/messaging with people that have no idea what's going on with the Extender, and know less than I do about it.

Any other suggestions ???

Thx much...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While I do not profess to be an expert on this device, I work hard to find information that may help my customers. From what I understand about your issue, I believe you will find item #8 (IPSec Establishment) on this page: http://spr.ly/66063QDs6 speaks directly to your concern. Does this information help?  -George

0 Likes