Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know. Keep us updated on what happens with that! We will be here if you need us.

*Haley

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply on this and the link.

I've been thru the recommended process from this link a bunch of times including fooling around with router/port settings.

I've also talked with Xfinity (I have an Xfi Router/Modem) and they assured me that all ports are available and the firewall, as I have it setup, shouldn't prevent the 4G LTE Extender with communicating to the Verizon SeGW Server.

The Extender connects to this Server, but gets booted-out (Disconnected) with an "Authorization Failure".

I keep asking if my Extender's MAC address is "registered" on this Server, but I don't ever seem to get a direct answer on that from Verizon.

Alternatively, it would be helpful if Verizon could answer the question on "what the Authorization Failure means, in regard to the SeGW Server".  That would tell us what the problem is and maybe what the potential solution would be.

Thx again...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jcr21 I'm sorry to learn you are still having issues with the 4G LTE Extender. Here is our Troubleshooting steps link so that you can check your settings as well.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204105/

-Dolores

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate your reply on this... but I've been thru all of that a "bunch" of times !!!

But - you (i.e. Verizon) hasn't answered the straightforward questions in my previous Post.

1.  Is my 4G LTE Extender MAC address "registered" on the SeGW Server?

2. Why does my 4G LTE Extender fail "Authorization" after it "Connects" with the SeGW Server?

Very simple questions.  Don't understand why they can't be answered ???

Again - we've been Verizon Wireless Customers for multiple lines for over 20 years !! 

Would much appreciate if Verizon Customer Support could get me to someone who can answer my "simple" questions listed above.

Thx much..... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we do apologize for this situation arising. We always want to look into the account to resolve all the issues. We would love to look closer into the matter to see if it can be resolved. 

Please follow and send us a private message at http://on.fb.me/KdwH96

-Roni

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hi there, Thx for your reply to this. I contacted the Verizon Support Telephone Line yesterday (Sun 2/26) and this issue has been elevated to your "Network Engineering" support team. As such, a Ticket Number has been opened for this item. Hopefully I hear back from this Team soon with a discussion on getting to a solution to my Verizon issues. I'll keep all informed in the near future.... P.S. - At this point, I don't see any reason to do a "Private Message", in less you have some "detailed" knowledge of the Verizon 4G LTE Extender and its "problem" connection to the Verizon SeGW Server... Please let me know if you have this kind of knowledge...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help you with that here. Please follow and DM us, so we can help.

*Cassandra

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is DM ????????

R U part of the "Network Engineering" Team that is responding to my Ticket?

Thx much...

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jcr21 wrote:

What is DM ????????

.   .   .

'Please follow and DM us' sounds like Facebook or Twitter.  The agent might have received a Forum post notification and they primarily use those other platforms.  Obviously not helpful on this Forum we're using.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thx for the reply....

I'm not a subscriber to those other platforms, I'm just a "newbie" on this Forum !!

I agree with you on that - it doesn't help w/ this Forum !!

0 Likes