Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to reach out to you in Private or Direct Message. We will send you a message to continue. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Extender Hangs on Connection to Verizon SeGW Server on Xfinity Xfi Home Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jcr21, please share with me how long ago did we process a ticket for this matter?

-Rodney

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was Sunday 2/26.  I haven't heard anything from anybody about a solution.

What do I do now???

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the latest update....

I'll called back Verizon Support today and they "closed" my ticket without contacting me, with a "Resolution" of "please do a factory reset of the Extender" !!  I've already done that a "gazillion" times !!  In addition, they never contacted me directly or answered my 2 questions of:

1. Is my Verizon 4G LTE Extender MAC address "registered" on the SeGW Server?

2. Why does my Verizon 4G LTE Extender connect with the the Verizon SeGW Server, then disconnect with an Authorization Error.

After a couple of hours on the phone, the "support" person opened a new "expedited" Ticket restating my 2 questions and also added that I request to have a call-back from some one from the Network Engineering Team, rather than some redundant/useless resolution in the database...

Let's c where that goes...

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can talk to someone that knows what is going on, versus people that just read "stuff" on their computer displays, that don't know anymore than I do ???

This is "crazy" --- right ???

Thx much........

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jcr21, your patience is appreciated. Please share with me did you receive an update via email on the ticket status?

-Rodney

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3
Not yet. Any ideas on how to expedite this?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help with the questions you. Since a ticket was put in for you, it would be best to wait until we receive an update regarding the ticket. This way it can help determine the best next steps. Other than the factory reset, what troubleshooting have you gone through? *Heaven

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you read all the posts/replies to this Message, you can see what steps I have taken.

Also, I've Factory Reset the Extender a "bunch" of times.

Hopefully I get a call back from Network Engineering, so I can talk with someone that's knowledgeable about this and we can finally get to a resolution.

Thx much...

0 Likes
jcr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well....

I have had 4 "Network Engineering" Tickets opened on this issue, with NO resolution.

In addition, I was told that my Tickets have been escalated and would get several call backs at specific times that were scheduled.

I haven't received any callbacks and 3 of the 4 Tickets were closed with NO resolution, other than "Factory Reset the Extender", that I have done a "gazillion" times.  I'm still waiting for the 4th Ticket "resolution".

I'm out of ideas and have spent many many hours on this and Verizon doesn't seem interested in solving my problems.

Again - the original problem is that my cell phone service has been "bad" at our home over the last 2 months, after 20+ years with Verizon Wireless.  Verizon can not tell us why, or when it will be fixed.

So they sent us a 4G LTE Extender, as a band aid, that I haven't been able to make work.  They also sent me a 2nd Extender that has the same problems and doesn't work.

Seems to be a problem between the Extender and Verizon's SeGW Server connection.

Verizon Support and Customer Service is a "Black Hole" and has NO regard for Customer Satisfaction or resolving Customer issues.  In addition, they don't return phone calls that are scheduled and don't resolve 'Escalated"  Support Tickets that are opened, other than respond with "reset to Factory settings", that is useless.

Anyone have any further thoughts on this ??????????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! Thank you so much for reaching out! I would love to help get all of your tickets looked into and find the best solution. Would you please PM us, so we can better address your concern?

*Adam

0 Likes