4G LTE: From excellent to unacceptable
CAL27FTR

I've lived in the same place for years, multiple phone brands, two active users/phones and recently the signal went from solid 3/4 bars & LTE to 1 bar & 3G.   Customer support promised to have someone check the towers - after "they" confirmed our phones were switching between LTE and 3G more that should be expected.  They promised to call me back.

They never did.

I called again and was told the towers "checked out" fine.  That from time to time they move towers and cells to accommodate various business needs.

Then, if the above garbage wasn't enough, they offered to sell me an adapter that tied to my WIFI.

So, let me get this straight:

1.  I pay you over $250 a month for two phones

2.  The signal was excellent until recently

3.  The signal is now essentially useless, yet you are still taking my money.

4.  In addition, you want to charge me a one time fee of ~$300 for a device - because you've moved your cells and my signal is garbage.

5.  Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture - besides the fact I was being ripped off to begin with?

6.  At a minimum, you could provide the device at no charge and I would have to live with the additional technology that you've essentially push onto the cable lines.

I realize I'll get some canned answer - that will mirror the last answer from "customer support".   And this will go nowhere.

However, once the opportunity arises to test out and move to another carrier, I'm gone.  That includes the 3rd phone I was going to add and one of the existing phones that I was going to upgrade.

Additionally, it would be interested if the CEO, CMO or CTO would follow-up on this message personally.   I would love to share my experience, however I'm sure it will never make it past the bowels of "customer support".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE: From excellent to unacceptable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CAL27FTR,

Thanks for reaching out. You deserve the best in 4G service.  We hear you and we are here to find a resolution. Please tell us what phones you are using? What is your zip code? When did this start? We will definitely look into this and get a resolution. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CAL27FTR

iPhone 5

iPhone 4

06419.  Fire tower road

Thank you,

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
CAL27FTR

What will it take to actually receive customer service on my original request from October 2nd.

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the machine. Sadly, Sprints even worse. I've had these problems for 2 years now (4 if you count Sprint). It helps to sit under the tower you are hitting and call support with your RSSI and SINR numbers (assuming your speed tanks there too). The app 'signalpro' will give you the tower and stats. I figure VZW owes me some breaks on my bill for doing this a few times.

0 Likes
CAL27FTR

Thanks #mc1lean, appreciate your response.

I do have the a few of the apps similar to what you have described.

I actually referred to that information on previous calls with “support” – was promised the world – and nothing (not that I honestly expected anything to change – more a shot in the dark).

What I do know is that they used to have a cell about 1/8 of a mile from my house – which gave me full signal 24/7. They are no longer on that tower, for whatever reason (follow the money as in most cases).

You and I know that nothing will change, business is business and they will move their infrastructure to satisfy the bottom line, customer X is the least of their concerns.

Verizon and other like companies, who have a monopoly and no oversight, continue to promise they are here to help and yet what they continually show is that they are not.

Thanks again.

0 Likes