4G LTE Home Internet - No Upload/Download
ProfW

We live in a rural area and have have 4G LTE home internet for about a year now. Once I got the router device set up in a good location, we were really happy with our speeds, about 15-20 Mbps. 

Over the past week, we've been having connection issues. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly is happening.. It seems like just really low, or no upload/download speeds? Packet loss? There isn't high ping or latency like we're downloading anything, I never receive "no internet" messages, and our devices remain connected to the router. Ive been able to run a few speed tests, but they frequently never complete/connect. The 4G service on our smartphones doesn't seem to be having any issues. 

I have tried hard and soft router resets but those doesn't seem to help. I have yet to see if there's a firmware update, or factory reset the router. 

Any help or troubleshooting advice is appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Home Internet - No Upload/Download
ProfW

Update: the advanced settings webpage shows my firmware as up-to-date.

0 Likes
ProfW

Another interesting quirk that I've noticed: when the LED light on our router is ORANGE, we have the best and most consistent speeds. When it is GREEN, speeds are variable and slow. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the signal that the router is getting, or from which tower? All I know is things are good when ORANGE. 

No, I'm not color blind.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we are here to help with any service concerns. Please elaborate more to be on the same page. What type of devices do you connect to the 4G LTE Home Internet Gateway? Do you have the same issue across all the device you connect to the Gateway?

~Vic

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ProfW. We want to make sure your 4G LTE Home Internet is working for you. We have sent you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes