Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
4G LTE Internet Service Down Multiple Days
BonJovi

I am on the West Side of Madison WI , near Old Sauk Road and Hwy 12 ( A heavy populated area). I would say there have been 6 different days that I have not had any internet connection through 4GLTE. The symbol is there but it doesnt work. Any time I call I have to go through system diagnosis on my phone but my phone is not the problem because multiple verizon customers are out. Today is one of those days. I run a Android Razr Maxx HD and another of the customers run a Iphone 5. What good is the data plan and a fancy phone if it wont work?

I'm writing here so hopefully this gets a little attention.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Internet Service Down Multiple Days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@BonJovi,

Let's get you data up and running so you can go back to enjoying your phone.

What's the zip code where you having these challenges? Try removing the SIM card for a minute. Insert and retest.

Keep me posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BonJovi

Zip 53717 - Out this morning also. There is no SIM card.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

All 4G phones such as the Razr Maxx HD and the iPhone 5 have SIM cards ... that's how they connect to Verizon's network.  Here's how to remove the SIM card on a Razr Maxx HD:

SIM Card - Inserting / Removing - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA

Here's how to remove the SIM card on an iPhone 5:

SIM Card - Inserting / Removing - Apple® iPhone® 5

0 Likes
BonJovi

Thanks tiki I got it removed, This still did not do the trick.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Maybe there's a tower issue in your area?  You may want to contact Customer Service and report it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the additional information BonJovi!

Thank you Tiki for the help with sim card removal by the way!

I checked the area and I don't see anything alarming. Does this only happen while you're indoors or is it happening outside as well?

Is your Wifi turned on? Please ensure it's disabled here: http://vz.to/1b7MDmU

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes