4G LTE Outage Nationwide?
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Can any of the reps for Verizon give us a time frame for when the 4G LTE Services will be made available again and why they are out in the first place? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Outage Nationwide?
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Hmmm...just heard that it was back up in all areas....guess this was just for a few hours? I'm not sure as at home im on in a 3G area...where I work is a strong 4G siginal, but I didn't even check when I was at work earlier today, as I had the phone forced on 3G only mode. Everyones 4g working tonight? I heard on a few different sites it was down nationwide but now they are saying that it is indeed back up and running.

0 Likes
Matt24
Mine's off again at 12am in atlanta.
0 Likes
gsdodge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to access 4G from Manassas, VA this morning around 07:00-07:30 but I am now in Crystal City, VA (Arlington area) but have been unable to access 4G here all morning (since 08:30) .

0 Likes
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wanted to show what Verizon's response was when I asked what caused the recent outage:

"Unfortunately we do not disclose the specific reason as to what caused the outage. Our company engineers worked very hard to resolve the issue as soon as they could. As of late yesterday, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE service has returned to normal after company engineers were able to resolve the issue. Throughout the issue, 4G LTE customers were able to make voice calls and send and receive text messages. The 3G data network operated normally therefore you should have had a data connection."

"Our customers understand that there are things that are beyond our control that may cause an interruption of service. Although we received phone calls about the outage, they did not increase due to customers wanting to know what caused the outage."

First off I had NO data connection and I know a good many other Verizon customers had NO data connection also (no 4G, no 3G, and no 1X). As paying customers we should know what is causing the problem.

0 Likes
nhprinter

I had the same problem as you on my bionic. I was not getting either 4G or 3G so I changed my phone over to 3G only and I've got a strong signal. As a matter of fact.....I did a speed test and my 3G is now almost 3 times faster than it usually is.

Put it on "CDMA Only" for now until they have their problems worked out and you shouldn't lose your data connection.

Good luck

0 Likes