4G LTE Slow Speeds - Greater Pittsburgh (Uniontown, PA) Area
brandonwvs

I've been experiencing excruciatingly slow speeds when connected to 4GLTE on my HTC Thunderbolt and current generation iPad 4G, speed test are showing about 0.02 MBPS, however if I disable LTE and go with 3G the speeds are about 20 to 30 times faster.  Reboots haven't worked, is there a network problem that Verizon is neglecting to tell me about despite the $100+ I'm paying per month for services that are working like 1X Data plans?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Slow Speeds - Greater Pittsburgh (Uniontown, PA) Area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brandonwvs, those speeds certainly are slow and your speeds should be much faster on 4G, not 3G! I'm not showing any issues reported. Is this still occuring? If so, is it just indoors, a specific part of the city, or all over? What is your signal showing when connected to 4G? On the Thunderbolt check signal values in Settings, About, Phone, Status. Let me know if you continue to have problems with your service.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brandonwvs

The issue is still happening with great frequency, speed tests are maxing our at about .5mbps.  It is inside at my home, where i've normally had speeds from 3-10mbps.   Thunderbolt says -76dBm signal strength.

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

I had issue's like that with my Droid Razr, but a software update seemed to fix that issue.

If both you ipad and you phone are having the issue then they likely need to fix a tower near your home.

If you are on thr unlimited data plan they could be throttling you, but when I asked about it when I had my issues they told me they don't throttle 4G at this time. That was a few months ago so I don't know if that's still true or not.

I know getting .5mbs max on 4G is no fun at all and had to deal with it for month's so I hope they can fix it for you soon.

0 Likes
brandonwvs

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, there's no software updates available for the HTC Blunderbolt.  Still experiencing issues, sure would be nice for Verizon to do something about it besides take my hundreds of dollars a month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a expansion of the 4G LTE network in the Pittsburgh, PA area this week. It is possible your network issues could have been related to this work.

I have personally seen connection challenges during the months before an upgrade of the network on both my Thunderbolt and Galaxy Nexus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brandonwvs

The problems persist.  I have had to switch the phone to 3G only to ensure stable data connections on both the HTC Thunderbolt and iPad 4G.  Is anything going to be done to rectify the network issues?

0 Likes
luckee4317

I have a droid razr and have the same issues in downtown Pittsburgh.  Always losing 4g connection, switches to 3g then lose that as well.  Frustrating how poorly 4g/3g works downtown. Ran a speed test yesterday....at 2:50pm download speed 87 kbps upload 64 kbps and the phone was showing 4G.  This happens indoors by windows and outside on the street.  Too often there is no data connection and the phone is useless throughout the day.  This happened when I first got the phone (late 2011), it was better for a long time and then started up again about a month ago.  I never have 4g connection issues at home just downtown.  (also experienced the same issues 3 weeks ago in Erie PA on a Saturday).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like it may be time to consider replacing your device, brandonwvs! Is your phone still under warranty? Have we previously replaced your phone? Please provide me with a few more details and I will do all I can to help!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brandonwvs

I'm having the same problems on my brand-new iPad 4G, it's not time for a new phone, maybe it's time for a new network provider.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes