4G LTE Suddenly Unusable
Crue
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello everyone,

Until recently I've had very good speeds with my Verizon 4G LTE. I typically get 2-4 bars of service and have had 4G where I live for a few years now.

About 2 months ago, it suddenly became the slowest and most unusable service there is. I still get the same 2-4 bars of service, but the speed has plummeted to nearly 20kbps (Yes, kiloBITS) up and down, when it works.

The vast majority of the time it just doesn't even work. I will have 3 nice blue bars of 4G, and get no internet connectivity at all. I put a ticket in with Verizon which was open for about a month and a half before they finally told me the last time I called that it pretty much sucks to be me. They claim I am in a poor service area despite having 2-4 bars and having a history of excellent speeds.

I can also take my phone to work and get excellent speeds and connectivity with roughly the same number of bars.

What do you think could be the cause of this? It happens to all of the devices in the house. There really aren't very many people in my area so I find it hard to believe the tower is congested, and I've always had great speeds at my house here in upstate New York.

Thank you for your time.

Labels (1)
Re: 4G LTE Suddenly Unusable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Crue,

We would be delighted to shine some light on this subject for you. Having the best service is definitely important! When it comes to the signal indicators on your device, this actually has no relation to the speeds that you can obtain. You can actually have only 1 bar and still have the same speed as 5 bars depending on the area. When it comes to your device, this actually would not be considered a device issue since multiple devices are experiencing the same issue. To further relate, your details shared do validate that the issue would rely on your home area since service is fine when you're at work. I see that you've noted we've advised that this is a low coverage area. Do you recall how long ago your ticket was completed? Do you have details relating to the ticket number? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Suddenly Unusable
Folz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very similar situation. I have lived in this house for 3 years with the same 4G service through verizon for the entire time. Why, suddenly, am i not getting cellular service in my home?