4G LTE service recently lost in Palmdale CA
LIOGAU43

I have an older smartphone (Motorola Droid Bionic) which has always been able to receive 4G LTE service in the two places it is used the most (West Los Angeles and Palmdale CA). Approximately 4 days ago, the 4G LTE service stopped functioning in the Palmdale area, dropping down to 3G and even occasionally 1X. It has not recovered, not even temporarily after reboots. Full 4G LTE service continues to be available on this Droid Bionic in the West L.A. area, and 4G LTE service still seems to be available in Palmdale to other Verizon smartphones (e.g. iPhone X, etc). Has a specific change occurred to the 4G LTE service in the Palmdale area which would have caused this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE service recently lost in Palmdale CA
LIOGAU43

Other pertinent information:

System Version: 98.72.22.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Android Version: 4.1.2

Baseband Version: CDMA_N_05.22.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, LIOGAU43. Your device may be the cause of lack of reception as it's on the older end of functioning LTE devices. We have released improvements to our network, that your Bionic is not compatible with. I would start with updating the SIM card if you've not done so recently. If that does not work, please let me know here. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-lte-advanced-faqs/

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LIOGAU43

I don't think it's just the device itself. I am in zip code 93599. If I drive just two miles West into zip code 93551 (also Palmdale), I have 3 bars of 4G LTE signal. Is Verizon selectively releasing network improvements in some parts of Palmdale, but not in others?

0 Likes