4G LTE speed has deteriorated significantly in the last few months
vivid3d

I've noticed over the last couple of months that my 4G LTE service has gone from so-so to really horrible. Maybe a coincidence, but since Verizon rolled out their "unlimited" plan, the data speeds I have experienced have gone from decent to absolutely pathetic. I have an iPhone 7 and use it mostly in ZIP Codes 22102 and 22207. Using the Ookla speed test app usually connects me to a server in Ashburn Virginia where ping is typically around 40 ms and download speeds are .01 to .02 Mb and upload speeds are .05 to .15 Mb. By turning off LTE and letting the phone revert to 3G, I'm actually getting much better performance than on LTE, but still not very good and certainly not what I had hoped for from Verizon. LTE speeds are so slow that I can barely download a text email, let alone any kind of web page. Streaming music is an absolute no-go, and video is a pipe dream. I'm on a 12 Gb/ mo. data plan and have over 70% of my data remaining. In fact, I never come close to using even half of my data because the data speeds are so slow. What is Verizon going to do about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE speed has deteriorated significantly in the last few months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vivid3d,

I certainly understand your need for speed. We want you getting great service at all times and those speeds you mention definitely aren't great. Is it mainly happening in certain locations or everywhere within those zip codes? Do other users have the same issues there?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vivid3d

The worst is near my office in 22102 - this is in Tysons Corner, VA which is a busy area, but AT&T and even T-Mobile and Sprint consistently have higher LTE speeds in this area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vivid3d, being able to have steady data speeds if very important. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to help out. How far away from the area would you need to travel before you can pick up better service? Has there been any changes to your device since you've noticed the slower speeds (new apps or software updates)? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CleoVerizon

I USE TO boast about my Verizon hotspot coverage.  Since the unlimited plan, nationwide it has been HORRENDOUS.  I recently tried a jet back, because I REALLY need the service, that I have had for many years.  Again, since the unlimited plan, it has been horrendous. Practically unusable. Nothing seems to help.  If not fixed, after almost 20 years, I'm leaving.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve the best mobile hotspot coverage. What kind of issues are you having? What zip is this in?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stephy89

The past 2 days my 4G LTE service have been either really low or gone. I am not sure why this is happening to me. I have a prepaid lg zone 3 phone and I know it is not due or data or minutes. I live in Maryland and my zip code is 21234. My Husband has the same plan and his is fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stephy89, having reliable service is of the utmost importance. Let's work together to see what's going on with your 4G LTE and how we can help. Just to clarify, do you have a Prepaid account with us or are you just using a Prepaid phone on your account? We’ve checked the area and it doesn’t appear to be a known area issue.

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vivid3d

Once I get out of Tyson's into downtown Vienna (22183) or to Falls Church  (22046) it gets better - both around 5 miles away. Around my house (22207) and work (22102) are still abysmal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do everything we can to help with the service issues you are having vivid3d. I have sent you a direct message so we can further assist.

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes