4G Mifi data usage
dqcarol

I live and travel full time in a motor home. I have never downloaded music in my life, do not stream video, do not send large documents, etc. My husband and I use our computers for surfing the net, sending email and getting the news. No one can tell me why we routinely max out our data plan at 10 GB every month.  When I shut down my computer, I SHUT it down and disconnect from the signal completely.  WTH is going on???  I can see WHEN we use the data by looking at my account and checking the daily usage.  Is there anyone who can tell me WHAT is gobbling up my 10GB??  This is just nuts!  We are not gamers or business people, just retired old people who use computers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Mifi data usage
SIGGGY

You say that you do not "stream video"--however when surfing the webs its easy to watch a news clip or YouTube video without realizing howmuch data you're using. When you check your daily usage, do you correlate it with what you did (or watched) that day online? I assume your connection is password protected :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: 4G Mifi data usage
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Cross refernce your Data Log with the Connection log on the MiFI Admin page.  You should be able to pinpoint the data drain from there. 

To lookup your Connection Log:

1. Sign into your MiFi
  2. Click the WWAN tab
  3. Click the Connection Log button
  4. Copy the Log to your computer
  5. Review and cross reference the timestamps between the connection log and the Data log you recieved from Verizon

Chances are that you, or someone, is watching video content online and its chewing up your plan.  Make sure your MiFi is password protected and changed away from the default to avoid randoms from connecting to it.

0 Likes