4G OUT AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME
fused00828

HAPPENED AGAIN AT WORK! I am down to 1x this morning for the third time! I am about to return this thunderbolt.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G OUT AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME
Dr_Dave

I was using 4G at home last night, then everything slowed. I am in my office on the Vanderbilt campus. Samsung MIFI is showing a pink light, 3G service. Yesterday had 5mb/sec speed on 4G, today 0.5MB/sec speed on 3G. Verizon should remember, the coverup is often worse than the crime.

0 Likes
msminton918

I don't know Verizon's definition of the word "restored" but it certainly isn't the same as mine.  I drove all around Metro Detroit yesterday and got a real sense of how "restored" their 4g network really is.  Yes, in some places the 4g network seemed to be working just fine.  But in many others (all in their 4g area) including where I spend 99.9% of my time, there is not a hint of 4g and worst of all I can't get any signal at all 75% of the time.  I have contacted their support and spent hours jumping through hoops with my phone which did nothing to change the situation (since it has nothing to do with the phone).  I wish they would tell their support folks the truth of the matter so they wouldn't waste their customers time.  OWN UP TO IT VERIZON! 

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

If your continuing to have issues with your 4G coverage, we will need to speak with you further on the phone to trouble-shoot your area and device. You can call us from an alternate phone at 1-800-922-0204. 

0 Likes
joh2141

Listen if the 4G doesn't work when it should, there are several things you can do to "reset" it. I work at a Verizon premium retail store in Englewood and I've come across a lot of people who had similar problems.

-Complete reboot by holding power button.

-Turn off mobile network and back on.

-Switch to 3G only (CDMA Auto PRL only), then back to 4G again. This will reconnect to 4G from scratch and usually fixes up any connectivity issue I have.

-Downloading the current update might help as there is a new update available.

-It could just be that the location you are in has poor 4G connectivity. It's proven now that the Thunderbolt is capable of the fastest speed in downloading than any other mobile carriers with 4G network. It doesn't matter if T-Mobile has the "largest," when they are producing around 15-25mb while Verizon's go over 30 easily. I max out in the speedtest, which is a lot better than my own computer (a step below T1).

The phone is capable of it. If it can't connect where you work, then it's just best to accept that you won't really receive great 4G until Verizon has completely upgraded nationwide 4G. 

You can't blame Verizon when the simple fact is that you won't get 4G service in many locations. At least not yet. If you DO get perfect 4G connection but you're not getting it anymore, then a reboot will work perfectly fine. If not, then it's a problem with the 4G SIM card. Call the customer service number that was posted. It'll help to talk to a Verizon customer service rep. I mean, in terms of what the reps are capable of, they can only troubleshoot/do things that they are allowed to; but guaranteed they have solutions for this. Chances are, they will tell you the same things I've told you in the list above but it's worth a shot isn't it?

0 Likes