Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

MandyB wrote:

according to twitter:

@VZWnews Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless 4GLTE service has returned to normal after the company’s network operations team resolved a technical issue.

18 hours ago

So, not only are they not giving us information about what's going on, they are flat out lying about it. nice.

Maybe this is what they call "normal" now.

Is 4G service still spotty?  I assume the outage is responsible for the Galaxy Nexus delay and it's really getting annoying.  I want to get the clock rolling on my new contract and I really don't care if I have to use 3G for a while.

0 Likes
MandyB
i have no 4g or 3g service to my phone, still.
0 Likes
Really frustrated & annoyed at no Data Service (No 3G or 4G in San Francisco)
dot4f

Dec 21 2012 from 11:00PM - now (around 12:30AM) I have not had data service in SF and neither has my friend. I have a Galaxy Nexus and he a Droid Charge. We've both rebooted, disabled 4G, etc all with no result. Call Verizon, oh their closed. Typical. What recourse do we have? Just whine on some forum?

Is there any website where Verizon publishes outages? Why do I have to search Twitter to see if others are having the issue?

When I had T-Mobile their data service always worked - sure, coverage might not have been fantastic, but at least I could use data when I walked outside- even my buddies with AT&T have consistent data service (slow, painful but it works at least). I'm becoming more and more frustrated. Half the issue is the devices, the other half (like tonight) is just the service - I can't even get 3G Data.

Dear Verizon, wake up. People rely more on DATA than they do on voice! If you could make data work as often as voice does, that would be a goal to reach for.

0 Likes
Re: Really frustrated & annoyed at no Data Service (No 3G or 4G in San Francisco)
Mylandroth

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing problems...

Well, not glad really since I don't get service right now, just glad that the problem isn't related to me watching Netflix for 2 hours. =P

Unlimited data... but you never know with Verizon...

0 Likes
Re: Really frustrated & annoyed at no Data Service (No 3G or 4G in San Francisco)
monrubin

Same here in Illinois!!!

This is not good for Verizon!!!

Degrading for them!!!

:manmad:

0 Likes
hells_bells71

down in DC also

0 Likes
catlynx

No data service at all on my Thunderbolt and my Mifi 4G here in San Jose, CA. this sucks!

0 Likes
eli

Not getting any data in Port Townsend, WA. I have tested on both a Galaxy Nexus and a Droid RAZR. Have done the whole rebooting thing, still nothing.

Thankfully I'm at home and have wifi.

Is this really "The Network I Deserve"?

0 Likes
V-14

No data service at all for over an hour here in East Lansing, MI.

0 Likes
Gtown727

It's 4:50 am. in Akron, Ohio and still no G at all(3 or 4).  **bleep**?!?!?!?!

0 Likes