Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
muddergz

I have No 4G/3G  Near Milwaukee WI. I live in Burlington WI and most of the time geting 1 x or nothing at all

0 Likes
dule

Chiming in from Las Vegas....  Network here has been down for two days.  No 4G or 3G connection.

I am not "techie" enough to presume to understand this LTE system.  I do understand it is a relatively new technology and, as such, can and will experience problems. 

What I do not understand is why Verizon refuses to admit or acknowledge when there is an outage.

This forum is full of posts from those of us who have spent hours and hours resetting our phones, calling tech support and/or visiting a Verizon store in person in an attempt to figure out what is wrong with our phone.  The problem is not with our phone!

Since Cox moved to Las Vegas (and purchased the old Las Vegas Cable Modem company) they have been my cable and internet service provider.  Cox does have, on occasion, a service outage.  When an outage lasts more than a few minutes I pick up the phone, call Cox, and get a recording which states 'we are aware of this problem and are working hard to fix it.'

Hearing this message lets me know the problem is with Cox, they are aware of it, and that the problem is not with my computer, my modem, or the cables outside my home. 

It appears Verizon doesn't offer the same courtesy or share the same information -- to/with either its customers or its service representatives/techs.  Tying up the phone lines feebly attempting to fix a problem which is not fixable (on the customer's end) is not only a waste of time but indicative of bad customer service.  Dumb, Big Red.  Really dumb!

0 Likes
mavtx

I am no very happy with verizon my phone been down since 21st n all they tell me it will get resolve what a bunch of crap,I just wonder if i tell them that I have an issued n can get their payment on time see what verizon think of that ???

0 Likes
techbeck

Verizon is really pissing me off.  I had data fine during the last outage and now, I dont have anything...again.  3g, 4g, or even damn 1x. 

This is getting really REALLY damn irritating.  I had the same issue last week and all of a sudden, data started to work again.  I called and they said they didnt do anything and couldnt reproduce the problem.  I already got a NEW phone and NEW sim card so I know that isnt the problem.  The problem is connecting to Verizon's data and if those morons cannot figure out the problem, then I and everyone else with this issue is screwed.  My families 4 other 3g only phones are working great.  I go to the Verizon store and employees 4g phones are working just fine.  So there is an issue with my setup on their end obviously.

0 Likes
techbeck

On the phone with support and they are having problems, AGAIN.  Support is having issues with all 4g phones (3g only phones are fine).  The issues are affecting the Midwest region.  So if you have a 4g phone in the midwest, you will not have 3g/4g and 3g only phones are not affected.

I understand LTE is new..but come on. 

0 Likes
doctorz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chiming in from Atlanta...

I have an LG Revolution and Moto Bionic.  To the best of my knowledge, both 4G devices have had 7 days of interrupted service during Dec 2011. Including one 6+ hour outage of phone service and 5 outages of 3G data service.

Again around Dec 30th 3:xx PM ET both phones were unable to do anything but call or text. Each phone was in a different zip code and to far apart to be using the same tower. Then suddenly an hour later everything is working OK.

I noticed during this outage the 4G icon was on; almost like they are trying to hide the problem.

Verizon billing and tech support denied any issues and claimed I was the only one to report any problem. Strange they had a message about longer than normal wait times...try myverizon for support.

I have been a very strong fan of Verizon and a "guru" techie. I can understand a technical problem. I do not understand what they hope to gain with lies, denials, and wasting my time and dollars. 

I guess they are just afraid of a flood of holiday gifts being returned during the 14 day grace period. If they were thinking long term they would worry about losing their high end customers and future sales through word of mouth.

chadamski

Adding another 4G AND 3G outage window to the list, here. This one occurred at around 11 pm EST on 12/30. Again, in southeastern Ohio. Same deal as before-- Bionic, and I lose my data connectivity entirely for a period of time. It blinks back on and shuts off again. What's going on, Verizon? We promise we won't get really angry if you just tell us what's going on.

0 Likes
rossd

No 4G or 3G for several hours here in Buffalo NY area, this is getting stupid.

0 Likes
millicent2012

Going on day three now of no 4G service...it started in Iowa on Wednesday...three of us in our family have Androids...at lunch that day we all noticed we didn't have service...but within a few minutes it was back...but Thursday back in Illinois at 9:19a my phone lost 4G totally...as we are driving back to Indiana I decide to call Customer Service...of course the rep told me to do everything that has been mentioned above...on/off, remove battery, remove SIM card...blah,blah, blah...then she says she is going to forward me to a "data" tech...after 45 minutes and 50 miles on HOLD, a "data" tech comes on the line and says hello, then the call is dropped...how convenient. (BTW, husband and daughter-in-law still have 4G) I decide to wait until I get home to go to the VZN store where we bought the phones just 15 days ago...Of course they say they are unaware of any outage, they call customer service and that rep says, "oh her phone isn't working either"...and no mention of a "nationwide" outage...are you kidding me...when I asked why husband still has and I don't she said tell him not to turn off phone or he will lose it too.  Very frustrated to say the least...then I get home and when the news comes they inform us on VZN is going to charge me $2 to pay my bill online...why in the heck don't they inform us as to why the 4G service is out and when it could be fixed...I think they need to be giving us a $2 credit for hour that we don't have service...

0 Likes
dickmart

I had data service outages just like the other folks posting here. However, my call to tech support was perfect even if it was slow. I found out that Verizon was well aware of the issue with Droid phones, and they were working as hard as they could to resolve the issue.

I've been a satisfied Verizonwireless customer for Many years.

0 Likes