Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
Tidbits
Legend

If you read the contract you would have seen they do not promise coverage 100% of the time, and they describe some factors that speed can br affected by. 🙂

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also you had time to cancel your contract to see how good your signal will be...

0 Likes
napsternova

No service for me in Chicago.

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have two weeks to try the service before you're obligated to keep the service. Read all those words on that sheet of paper that says "contract" on it before you sign the dotted line.

0 Likes
wifi2cable
Enthusiast - Level 2

My service was fair for the first few months. I believe that Verizon is making promises they can't keep, plain and simple.. This goes to fair business practice. Planet-wide we see the "issues" that too fast growth results in. Companies don't proceed with caution, they see dollar signs and sell products and services at lightening speed but can't maintain services adequately. This is true for consumers as well. The debt crisis speaks to that. My fault was trusting in a service that is un-trustworthy. I would bet that over 50% of the US population does not fully understand the nature of "internet". Just as we don't all understand how cars work. All we care about is that we can use the products and services we are sold. We trust them to do the homework for us, not the other way around. Having been in the service industry for 35 years, I am well aware of implied promises, contracts, and buyer beware. Yet, we trust a company's representatives to impart relevant information related to our decision whether to enter into an agreement for services with them. I just wish Verizon would stop with "can you hear me now?". It implies to the consumer that service is everywhere, when in fact it isn't. ATT is just as guilty. I'm angry that SO many people aren't getting satisfaction..aren't getting the truth..and are stuck with too few options...if we could all build our own towers..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I still have issues with one location.  I think it has more to do with the number of people in that area connecting to the network and the building that I am located inside when I have most of the problems.  Once I go outside the reception improves greatly.  I am still satisfied with the coverage I get even with these issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jvickers56

As of Friday Jan 20 2012 ..My 3G service has been in and out. This is so frustrating. Since I deal with fire and EMS company's that page with text messages. So this means I can not respond to 911 calls. No Phone services either.

Can Verizon not let the good people of this great country hang while we wait for them to fix the problem. 

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

People forget that they are not ENTITLED to cell phone service. Cell phones are not a public utility such as electricity and running water. Sure it sucks when cellular service doesn't work to your expectation, or even fulfill promises, but if someone's livelihood or personal business is at stake that person needs to take some personal responsibility and have a backup plan. Someimes that means buying a less expensive phone/service and maintaining a landline connection. Other times it means having a prepaid cell phone as a backup. If your cellular service doesn't work and leads to some sort of catastrophe (like you can't call for help if you are in danger) you will never win a lawsuit against the cell company for their service not working when you need it most. Cell phones are still a luxury item. Treat them as such.

detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can. Put up $750,000 for it and it's yours.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

James Vickers wrote:

As of Friday Jan 20 2012 ..My 3G service has been in and out. This is so frustrating. Since I deal with fire and EMS company's that page with text messages. So this means I can not respond to 911 calls. No Phone services either.

Can Verizon not let the good people of this great country hang while we wait for them to fix the problem. 

Why would any fire dept or EMS service rely on a cell service to send calls out is beyond comprehension for me. It is NOT a fool proof service.

Also 3G being down has zippo to do with text or calls.

0 Likes