Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
higherechelons

Okay. I call BS. How is it that when I finally do get connected it seems that I can't browse but anything I do here at Verizon is on speed? It feels like Verizon is prioritizing their site. My bill is paid, why am I having these problems?  This thing  has been dropping connection down to1xrt(whatever i'm frustrated) if that at all. Other times it reads at four bars 3G but does NOTHING. Early this morning I got on for about two hours with no problem. I feel strongly that Verizon is imposing a SECOND invisible cap on us. Peak hours and you want to connect? Forget about it.

0 Likes
fachagooch

Okay check this out,  I bought my Droid Bionic back in October,  when they had the original outage that ran rampid accrost the east coast.  Once they said it was fixed i had to speak with a service rep who had to remove and reconnect my phone to the network.   Keep in mind i fought and fought with them for a month befor they did this.  once this was completed i havn't had any major problem with 3g or 4g service.  Oh and don't forget to ask for service credit for the days that you are down.  I got more then 30 days credited back for this

0 Likes
justicehoco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has gone to hell in a handbasket,service sucks,help center sucks,trying to talk to someone sucks! As soon as my contract expires,i'm gone.Verizon is headed downhill like a snowball headed toward hell.GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Charlie-Macro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know how long this has been going on, but I went to the local Verizon store (Brighton, Michigan) and the rep that waited on me did the same procedure (take out the battery , then the SIMs card, put them back together) and it still doesn't work. He even compared it with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus they had in the store and it didn't have any bars for the phone and no 4G LTE connection. Is anybody doing anything about this ? I just upgraded to this phone last week.

A lady called me last night (I assume she called representing Verizon) and asked me how I liked my new phone. So I told her the same story and she suggested I call SUPPORT or go get a Moto Droid MAXX before my 14 days are up. Didn't have this problem with my Droid X and 3G....

Chaz Macro 

0 Likes
greyhawk

I've already done something about my 4G lack in this area(Watertown, WI.). I signed up with Charter Cable for the internet and will be terminating my "contract" with Verizon. Although, in my opinion, their lack of 4G being in existence constitutes breach of contract on their part. Their added lack of response on the part of "Customer Service" with the continual "All circuits are busy" crap tells me they know they aren't set up to operate what they claim they can and don't really care what the customer thinks. "They signed a contract and we will charge them through the nose for lousy service."

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:14:46 -0700

To:

Subject: Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation? - Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?

created by Charlie-Macro in 4G LTE - View the full discussion

I don't know how long this has been going on, but I went to the local Verizon store (Brighton, Michigan)  and the rep that waited on me did the same procedure (take out the battery , then the SIMs card, put them back together) and it still doesn't work. He even compared it with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus they had in the store and it didn't have any bars for the phone and no 4G Let connection. Is anybody doing anything about this ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in 4G LTE by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy.  Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

>Edited post to remove personal information<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sandboy

I have the same problem with my Droid Bionic.

0 Likes
Snowtiger

I am new to Verizon, and am having issues which may be related to this.

I first purchased a Pantech Breakout, on the salesmans recommendation, to use as WiFi hotspot and it worked fine for a few hours. I was just south of Chicago at the time so you would think "signal" would not be an issue. The indicators showed I was connected at 4G but page after page would not load on my laptop. I first thought maybe I had not let it boot up long enough, so I shut down plugged it in and went to bed. I am a trucker so I go everywhere, For a few days all seemed to be going well, then I experienced the same thing, so called tech support and went through hoops to determine that there must be something wrong with the device. I was nowhere near where I bought the device, but still within my 14 days, so tech support said I could return it at any Verizon location and swap it or get a different device. Found out that is not quite true, but that is for a different forum. I ended up with the HTC Rezound, (loved my HTC Evo 4G from Sprint) and again for the first few days I experienced no issues except when I was in remote areas. However today, 20 miles east of Kansas City I spent most of the afternoon threatening to throw it out of my truck! It would show 3G, 4G, then 1x then nothing the bars would not stay constant, WiFi would not connect, when it did I could only use my laptop after constant refreshing! Now I also have an Acer netbook and a Kindle Fire and had the same problems so I know it is not a problem connecting to the laptop. Also the device itself would suddenly freeze then reboot some times 3-4 times in a row! I have also had to reset the battery twice, never had to do that with my Evo, actually tech support told me I should not do that with a 4g device!! I am now out of my 14 days and am not a happy camper, though right now it appears to be working as I am able to post this.

0 Likes
wifi2cable
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem isn't the phones...it's the signal and unfortunately we can't

"return" our service for a refund. I wish Verizon would stop running out

the 14 day clock by having us all do the same thing as if ALL our phones

were "bad". It's the signal.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Snowtiger

0 Likes
B33
Legend

di di di di di   this just in hot off the press it seems that the well managed an pristine 4G network is down again! Now we go to other News.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

wifi2cable wrote:

The problem isn't the phones...it's the signal and unfortunately we can't

"return" our service for a refund. I wish Verizon would stop running out

the 14 day clock by having us all do the same thing as if ALL our phones

were "bad".  It's the signal.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Snowtiger

Phones are NOT made my Verizon.  That's like expecting a 3rd party retailer like best buy to be liable for your broken Xbox 360.  They are troubleshooting their service and sometimes if you are nice and the rep is having a good day you can get a credit.

Now you chose the phone, and BEFORE you say Verizon sold you the phone SEE LAST paragraph.  Just because you signed a 2 year agreement doesn't mean they have to help you for a manufacturer problem.  They choose to... The reason WHY you sign a 2 year agreement is to make sure they make their money back for paying what YOU did not pay for the phone.  It's no different than a car loan.  You have a problem with the car do you blame the bank?

0 Likes