Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
Pitchmaster

I have no way of resetting my battery. There still is no data.

0 Likes
Pitchmaster

Finally came back about a half hour ago.

0 Likes
CalP

How ironic is this;  Here in the Cleveland area we had 4G for a short period of time.  Worked great.  I just got an e-mail from Verizon that Cleveland had been added to the 4G network.  Gues what, I still do not have 4G (was here, went away) .  I know it was here, then it went away, now Verizon says its back or better yet, just been added. Please connect us to what you sold us.

Does this sound like a CW tune, I hope it has a happy ending!

0 Likes
heifitz

I have been without freaking data for 13 days and i'm not to happy. They say they did a ticket to let my local tech team know but that's after six phone calls into the service department. I thought i was doing the right thing leaving sprint now i think i made a mistake. I thought paying 10 dollars for 4g when we aren't expected to get it in five years was dumb. Now paying 30 dollars a month for data i'm not getting is worse.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I understand why you feel this way but you also need to take in concideration that new technology always experiances its bugs before everything is resolved and brought up to par...

I am not trying to say that you concerns isnt a logical responce but to point out another point that some havent considered, even Sprints WiMax service has had its up and down spells when they first came on the scene, no technology is perfect.

Anotrher thing to consider is that Verizon is actually building their 4G network vs all the other carriers are either piggybacking on other carriers like "Clear Wireless" for WiMax or mass advance 3G signals as a true 4G connection...   Large changes can take time and can go through it problem stages..

Hopefully they resolve your issue soon and can come up with a workable solution for you.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman i think this is going to happen until it's fully built out an then there are going to pockets that are still going to be needed filled before it's all said an done. But one thing that i think that will help Accelerate the movement of the 4G to rest of the Area's is Verizon Putting out only 4G capable devices from now on thru the End of the Year to get more Customers into them. And it make sense doing this as they did the same thing as they did on 3G phones. From what i have seen they are in 200 Market's as of Now an there Goal is 400 or slightly more by end of December. If some one has some better figures please post as mine is just an estimate Guess. B33

0 Likes
boutaswell-v-s
Enthusiast - Level 2

and how long do they need to build it out?  In the meantime, they are sucking people in with a non-existent service.  They are all the same.  They have gotten so big that complaints from the masses fall on deaf ears....if they even make it to ears. That's why I have decided to go to a usage only phone/service when my current contract is up.  I went for many years without a cell phone and the "conveniences", I can do without them again.  Enough is enough.  You know, it is the corporations that have led us to believe we can't get along without being a beep away from someone.  BS, it worked fine for a hundred years or so, it'll still work fine.  Might even bring families back together a bit if everyone isn't off doing their own thing on the phone or internet.

0 Likes
boutaswell-v-s
Enthusiast - Level 2

And another thing, I've had dial up modems faster than the alleged 3G service I'm paying for.  Why would I want to go out and buy another "pig in a poke"?

0 Likes
perkmark50
Enthusiast - Level 2

3 Driod 4 phones all the same problem, no data connection 3G or 4G after 8 hours of turning on .........Don't listen to the sales peeps they don't know jack!

Killing a new contract on account of this PROBLEM Verizon says they don't have.....

0 Likes
Winsor6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is out again! You have got to be kidding me. Verizon is going to lose

a customer fast if they don't fix this.

0 Likes