4G Service
pzaras

I purchased the new HTC Rezound and have not had 4g service since day 1, only 3g and of course wi-fi.  I checked my home address and zip code and am told it is in my area.  Anyone else having problems running on 4g?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is the phone set up to receive the LTE signal? Settings > Wireless & networks > mobile networks > network mode > select LTE/CDMA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello pzaras,

I am more than happy to assist you with 4G service in your area. I have a couple of questions for you so I can get a better understanding of the issue. If you can provide answers to the questions below then that would be great! 

• What city and state are you in?
  • Have you done a battery pull?
  • Are you using any 3rd party apps to manage your data connection?
  • Have you every received a 4G signal in your area? (Even if it's on another Verizon Wireless device)
  • Have you tried to use your data service with bluetooth and wifi turned off?

Ann154 provided a great step to verify on the phone. Please ensure that the device is setup in settings to receive 4G signal. Once you have done this and answered the questions above then I can provide a customized solution for you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
blacksapphirez

So we use a repeater inside of our building to get more service. i am dead in the middle, where I only get 3G and rarely a 4G service. but today, i get NO service. even if I get it locked to CDMA, still nothing.

Co-workers who have regular 3G phones, their internet is working fine. so WHY isn't my 3G working on my droid charge? its suppose to work BOTH 3G and 4G

I did restart, air plane mode on/off, and taking the battery out for 5+ minutes and NO data...

0 Likes
trishi88

Major issues.  I use an aircard with my laptop.  I've had non-stop issues since they when live in our area on Oct 20.  You could have a faughty device or was given the wrong software to load for 4G.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello blacksapphirez,

I know how important it is to keep the data connection on your Charge.  I would like to ask if your device has received the software update? This should resolve the issue for you, and the update is being pushed out to the devices. Here is a link that will assist you, as well as other users of the Charge. I have already received the update for my Charge, and have not dropped the 4G signal since, so I am sure it will help.  

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/charge.html

Thank you and have a good day, 

0 Likes