4G WHEN???
LOVETHESTEELERS
I bought my HTC thunderbolt in May 2011 when my Alias croaked, because all salespeople at Verizon store all told me 4g would b in my area, fall 2011. Nope, closest is 20 miles south, and c no plans to expand up here. Btw I am 15 minutes from Dow Chemical, so not in outer Mongolia. Anyone else get lied to about access? If I had known that 4g up here was a lie, would have bought IPhone. Thunderbolt is nice, but without 4g, I feel RIPPED OFF...they should have been honest about access. Even the manager lied.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G WHEN???
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be thankful they lied about it, all it would be is more frustration for you.  Many who have 4G are ending up either going back to 3G device or locking existing devices to 3G to avoid the problems rampant with LTE.

0 Likes
Paperclips2

Wow thank you for addressing this. I'm in the same boat as you guys with my Droid Charge (purchased in MAY 2011). Phone calls upon phone calls to Verizon, all ending with false promises of follow-up calls with a solution. The only real "solution" I got was a sales pitch to get me to buy an expensive signal enhancer for the house. Yeah, right.

VERIZON should be the one responsible for properly attending to their customers problems/concerns and actually PROVIDING the services they bill their customers for.

Bait and switch.

0 Likes
Re: 4G WHEN??? FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!
whitetiger97

0 Likes
whitetiger97

I ran into a similar situation today.

Went to Verizon store and asked if they had the Thunderbolt to look at.

Answer: NOPE

I see you are avdertising 4G network.

Answer: it will be here in about a year.

Then why advertise it.

Answer: Because it is coming. I don't make the rules.

Left by saying "that is why people are switching and you are standing there with your hands on your pocket."

To me this is ABSOLUTE FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Verizon the largest of the companies can't get it to work, can change plans at at any time and advertise products they don't have.

Stupid!!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

whitetiger97 wrote:

I ran into a similar situation today.

Went to Verizon store and asked if they had the Thunderbolt to look at.

Answer: NOPE

I see you are avdertising 4G network.

Answer: it will be here in about a year.

Then why advertise it.

Answer: Because it is coming. I don't make the rules.

Left by saying "that is why people are switching and you are standing there with your hands on your pocket."

To me this is ABSOLUTE FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Verizon the largest of the companies can't get it to work, can change plans at at any time and advertise products they don't have.

Stupid!

And where do you expect all to go???? To ATT who promotes their non 4G network as 4G??? At least VZW has one. And a rather extensive one considering their timeline so far.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your responses. 

Lovethesteelers, I can certainly understand why you would be upset over being given the wrong information. I am sorry to hear that you were told your area is 4G when it is currently not. We are always expanding our 4G market and adding new cities all the time. I would suggest visit our 4G page to view current coverage maps and sign up for alerts on when 4G will be available in your area. This is the way to get the most accurate information about our 4G coverage. 

0 Likes