Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,178 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
4G drops to 1x until I restart my phone.
Pistol_Ridge

For the last couple of weeks my data has dropped considerably. It's at 1x most of the time, but if I restart my phone it pops up to 4G. Sometime it will stay there for a while, but then drops ti 1x. I restart my phone and it's back up to 4G. It's a if the computer is kicking me out of the system so I can't use much of my "Unlimited Data." I'm no where near where it should slow me down.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G drops to 1x until I restart my phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your 4G, Pistol_Ridge. What is the make & model of your device? Do you recall installing any new apps or performing any updates around when this happened?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pistol_Ridge

My phone is a Samsung Note5 brand new Nov 28, 2015. No new apps or system updates. It started the day before the Winter Olympics started and ended the day after they did. If this hadn't happened before (approx 8 months ago) I'd be a little suspicious. The thing in common between the two events is that they were preceded by some heavy thunderstorm activity in the area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, Pistol_Ridge. It is odd that it would happen like you are describing, so let's get it fixed. Since restarting your Note 5 seemed to help, our best step to take is a network reset. This will not affect any personal data. You can find the steps to do so below. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204050/

0 Likes