4G finally in our area but....
Merrick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in a rural area. No cable or dsl services availible. Getting 4G here is exciting news until we find out there is a data cap for home mobil broadband use. Not only that, but they even removed the unlimited data on smart phones. Is verizon trying to lose customers?

A few years ago, almost all my friends ad family had verizon wireless as their cellular provider. Now, more than half of them have dropped verizon for boost or virgin mobil. Why? Now I see why. Keep raising your prices, and adding more caps and see how many customers you have next year....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G finally in our area but....
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Budone for your input. Hello Merrick, adding to what was stated, one reason why we offer a data packages is for giving usage based options to customers in selecting a data plan that best meet their individual needs. Also, our usage based data plans offer more options for Smartphones and updated options for basic phones, tablets and netbooks. I'm providing a link to the Mobile Broadband plans and a link to our Data Calculator that can be used as a guide in selecting a data plan option we have available to help meet your data needs. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You have to have one of the 1st generation USB modems to have an unlimited data plan. It has been years since that as been offered. And most providers are the same.

As for unlimited data on a smartphone, if you already have unlimited data as long as you continue to have a smartphone, you will keep unlimited data for the foreseeable future.

New subscribers and those who switch from a basic phone have to choose a tiered plan. Again most providers are doing this, VZW is not the lone wolf in this den.

0 Likes
Merrick
Enthusiast - Level 2
So Verizon offers these super capable phones with a super fast network, but water down your service with caps?! It's like giving someone a Ferrari with no gas in it....no worries though, Verizon has lied about the 4g coverage here. There is none, yet they show it on their coverage map....go figure
0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Budone for your input. Hello Merrick, adding to what was stated, one reason why we offer a data packages is for giving usage based options to customers in selecting a data plan that best meet their individual needs. Also, our usage based data plans offer more options for Smartphones and updated options for basic phones, tablets and netbooks. I'm providing a link to the Mobile Broadband plans and a link to our Data Calculator that can be used as a guide in selecting a data plan option we have available to help meet your data needs. 

0 Likes