4G guestions using Novatel MiFi 4510L hotspot...
jimswan

Hi to everyone. I am new to this group...80 years old so bear with me...I now have and use a verizon AC563 3g hotspot and it works fine...we now have 4g available and I am considering going to the novatel MiFi 4510L moble hotspot...I will and now only use will be in the house.  question 1. what is the frequency of the 4G and the 3G?   2. will 4G penetrate a building as good or better than 3G? 3. does verizon have a external antenna for the Novatel MiFI 4510L that is placed outside the house and run into the device inside the house? and if so has anyone had experience with it?   4. for the home phone system that verizon has does anyone know if they have a antenna that is on the outside of the house running to the device inside the home?    thanks in advance for your help...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G guestions using Novatel MiFi 4510L hotspot...
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

jimswan,

Glad 4G is now available for you, in your area!  I'm sure you will be impressed by the benefits 4G has to offer our customers, especially when it comes to speed.

I had a little trouble finding the exact model 3G hotspot device you say you currently have, however I am able to give you the specifications for the Verizon Wireless MiFi 4510L LTE Mobile Hotspot.  I am including a link to the device manual, and the information you are looking for is on Page 11 of the manual.

Verizon Wireless MiFi 4510L 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Manual

As for in-building penetration, the use of 4G's 700 MHz provides increased penetration and better attenuation characteristics, resulting in an in-building performance advantage.  So the in-building penetration is improved for 4G devices as opposed to 3G devices.

Now keep in mind, the MiFi 4510L is a hotspot device requiring WiFi capable device to connect, so the device is mobile.  We don't offer an external antenna for this device, but can be moved throughout the structure to improve signal if needed.  It doesn't have to be directly in front of the computer to connect, so this is the other benefit of using the hotspot device.

I hope I have answered all of your questions, and have addressed your concerns!

0 Likes