4G in my city
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already bought a samsung galaxy tab and my husband a thunderbolt that supports the 4g. The store associates assured me it would be in Greeneville TN by the end of last month but we still don't have it. Does anyone know when it should be in my town? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G in my city
Not applicable

@saratipton01  Congratulations on your new device!  It is a great phone and has many awesome features.  As far as the 4g coverage area goes – the area with the zip code of 37743 is an Extended 4g coverage area.  So basically that means you are on the border of 4g coverage area and will sometimes get 4g speeds and sometimes get 3g speeds.  This is does not mean that it will be like this forever.  We are constantly updating our 4g coverage and will be expanding it more and more.  I will include a link so you can check the coverage for yourself.  I hope this info helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I don't know if the areas already announced include your city. Here is the link to the official press releases. You can filter it to show news for Tennessee.

http://news.vzw.com/news/index.html?year=&section=&month=&states=TN&sp_q=*&searchBtn=

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

saratipton01 wrote:

I've already bought a samsung galaxy tab and my husband a thunderbolt that supports the 4g. The store associates assured me it would be in Greeneville TN by the end of last month but we still don't have it. Does anyone know when it should be in my town? 

Hi saratipton01,

I am sorry for any confusion on our 4G coverage. Currently, our website not showing that there is 4G coverage in Greeneville, TN. nor a timeframe on when the 4G coverage would be available at this location. However, please be patient as we are working to have our 4G coverage in many places as soon as possible.  I suggest that you sign up for email alerts at this link for any updates about our 4G coverage and information on the expanding markets soon to have our 4G coverage by the end of 2011.  

0 Likes
Christopher1111

Now the coverage map is including us in 4g and I still don't have it. I also have to thunderbolt and the galaxy tab 4g. When will the huge error be fixed!

0 Likes
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already signed up for the email alerts. Today i was sent one saying 4G was available in my area. Well tri cities area it said. But again..no 4G. The ONLY reason I got the thunderbolt and galaxy tab was because I was assured the 4G was the newest amazing thing and would be in Greeneville by the end of August. Everyone around us has it. I just don't understand.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1
0 Likes
Dburger66
It is amazing to me that the powers @ Verizon expect their customers to be dumb enough to buy the idea that Verizon has no idea when certain cities will get 4G. Come on now, installing 4G in an area is a HUGE project, they don't just pull names out of a hat every morning or throw a dart at a map of the US. There has to be a plan on where they are going to place the service, more than likely based on how much $$ it will make them. Please Verizon, we are not stupid.
0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
Like any other company they will have planned dates to bring LTE to certain areas in cities. Also, like any other company, they won't released these planned dates to the public until they are certain, or at least close to certain that they will be able to meet the dates. It is never worth getting people's hopes up unnecessarily when rick of natural disasters or problems with local politics can bring an entire operation to a standstill for months at a time.
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

saratipton01 wrote:

I already signed up for the email alerts. Today i was sent one saying 4G was available in my area. Well tri cities area it said. But again..no 4G. The ONLY reason I got the thunderbolt and galaxy tab was because I was assured the 4G was the newest amazing thing and would be in Greeneville by the end of August. Everyone around us has it. I just don't understand.

Thank you for posting saratipton01!

I would more than happy to assist!  I have a few questions first.  What is the zip code you are primarily using the device in?  Have you tried soft resetting the device?  Remove and reinsert the device battery and SIM card.  Instructions and screen shots: Battery Inserting / Removing - Thunderbolt by HTC.  This will allow the device, once powered back on, to look for the nearest tower and establish a data connection.  This process will take a few minutes for the device to completely boot up and find the data connection.  One other step I will suggest, ensure Wi-Fi is disabled and Mobile Network is enabled in Wireless & networks settings.  Then in Mobile Networks, ensure Data roaming is checked and in Network mode ensure "LTE/CDMA" is selected.  This will ensure your device is setup to receive the 4G signal.

Please let us know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

my zip code is 37743. but no none of that works.

0 Likes