Re: 4G issues in Central Iowa?
jmcrabb

One more note - I did check signal strength on my wife's phone sitting right next to mine, and it was the same.  She has a Samsung Galaxy S3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are passionate about your wireless happiness jmcrabb and want to do everything we can to get this resolved for you. May I ask are you having the issue at the ground level with the new sim card? What about outside? If you can provide us with a few more details from your observation then we can discuss the next path.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CecilBhawk, thanks for this heads up. It appears that you're having issues with service in a few places. At this time, no outages have been reported in Iowa. Let's take a closer look at your iPhone devices. Have you powered your device off/on to soft reset yet? Try resetting the network in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
jmcrabb

Yes.  The above readings are at ground level.  No change going outside my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing that, jmcrabb. We appreciate all you have done so far. We are also concerned about the signal you have been experiencing. At this time, the next step is to file a resolution ticket. This will have an engineer go to the area to test the towers.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
jd1903

Jim,

You are not along, Verizon really needs to update there map.  I work on Army post road and the service has continues to deteriorate since XLTE went in.  my will switch to 3G, 1s, and even extended.  Since it appears Verizon is doing nothing, as normal, I would recommend filing a complaint with the FTC at - FTC Complaint Assistant.  Under mobile devices choose other.  If you search the groups you will see that many areas of the metro area can even hardly get a phone call.

0 Likes
jd1903

alone...

0 Likes
ebphd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not alone, I'm in Ames (50011) and have seen and reported a drastic decrease in quality of service. The majority of the time I can not even connect to the Internet and if I can, it's well below my previous experiences with Sprint. Seriously need to do something about this or let me out of my contract so I can find a provider who actually cares about central Iowa.

0 Likes
srs232
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having tons of problems here in State College 16801.  This is a college town and during the day the students are all on campus and the tower(s) around campus are clogged so almost no data is getting through during portions of the day.  Verizon has confirmed that the signal is fine in my area, but there's traffic spikes which degrade service. 

Are you experiencing the problem during the whole day or only at certain times?

0 Likes
ebphd
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only time data is usable is weekends and even then it's pretty terrible. Verizon has confirmed the towers are at capacity (think using during a major event like a football game, but all the time). However, because the towers are working as normal, but there are just too many people, there is nothing they can do.

Pretty terrible service and customer service, first time I've regretted leaving Sprint. Sprint's service was insanely slow, but slow is better than not working.