4G out in Nashville
Dr_Dave

The Verizon 4G network appears to be very unlreliable in the Nashville area.  I get 4G access less than half the time when I try to use my Mifi. Even when it does have a 4G connection, it will suddently stop working or slow down to a crawl.  Does anyone know what the problem is? Any idea when the network will actually work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G out in Nashville
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Its very frustrating to have slow speeds. I can't imagine how upset I would be if my internet connection slowed to a crawl. To accurately troubleshoot this issue we need to ask a few questions and I can make a few suggestions as well. Does this happen at different locations or just one location? How is the signal strength? How many bars are you showing? Does this happen on different computers or just one device? Please restart the computer and retest. Also please hard reset the Mifi and retest .

Please let us know the answer to these questions or if these suggestions helped.

Thank you

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

One day last week here in Atlanta I believe I was in an area where the tower I was pulling from either had an issue or they were doing some mainteance on it. I believe it was the day they were adding new cities and expanding the current markets and that's what made me think it was Verizon that was doing some work. It was fixed or corrected 2 hours later.

Are you in an area that is on or close to the 3G/4G line? I do know that Verion is doing ALOT of work on there network right now doing expansion and other things. How is doing today?

This is not pointed to you directly; please don't take this as criticism towards you. I believe that ever since Verizon had the nationwide outage a couple of months ago we are very eager to say the network is OUT when it does not work. How do we know if someone next to us is using 4G with no problems? Then we cried wolf. How about  say "I am having 4G issues in the Nashville Area."  

Again, this is not directed to you only. Keep us posted on how it is working!

0 Likes
Dr_Dave

At my home in Ashland City (10 miles northwest of Nashville) I can get a 4G signal sometimes. I place the MIFI in an upper floor window facing towards the tower.  When I get 4G I have three bars and get 3-4 mb/s downloads speeds measured using testmyspeed.com.  I often cannot get a 4G connection at home (like several days in a row, or for part of a day then it stops).  I talked to my neighbor and she has a very similar complaint.  I know it is not the hills or the trees as Verizon has told me in the past because I get a very good connection sometimes.

Right now, I am in my office on the Vanderbilt University campus.  Yesterday I have a 4G connection here with 5-6  mb/s download speeds.  Today I have 3G. Same computer, same MIFI, same place, even similar time of day.

I am frustrated about paying for more capacity than I can use since I find getting a 4G connection is intermittent at best.

It is hard to reach any other conclusion than there are problems with network reliability. it only works sometimes.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes