4G out in Phoenix Metro Area??!!
PhoenixThrone

Since Saturday morning my Thunderbolt, along with a second Thunderbolt on my plan are only getting 3G service. In all the regular locations that I normally get 4G, at home, in my office. This is a heavily covered 4G area, yet I've been getting nothing but 3G. I've pulled the battery, pulled the SIM, forced the phone into Airplane mode, then back out. Even turned off the mobile network then turned it back on, and NOTHING. Still only 3G. I called tech support on Sunday and they told me "we're having 4G issues, its a known issue and it'll be in and out." 

That's great if I were actually getting ANY 4G at all, but I'm not. There's only 3G signal. I know other people in my area with 4G Verzion phones and they're getting 4G signal, so what the hell is the problem here? It's not an outage, but the people on the phone don't seem to care to look in to it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G out in Phoenix Metro Area??!!
PhoenixThrone

Checked in with other 4G users I know in the area, and they're still getting 4G. My two Thunderbolts, still on 3G. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you checked which network type you are using? Go to settings > wireless & networks > mobile network settings > network mode.

When you log into your MyVerizon account, does your plan and features show that you have a 4G data plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

Thanks for the suggesitons Ann. The plan still reflects 4G, and has since we upgraded to the Thunderbolt's in June. Never had a problem with keeping 4G access until Saturday. The wireless/network settings are correct still on LTE/CMDA, and we've even toggled Mobile Off/On with no change. Still only 3G.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have the LTE OnOff application installed? Can you check to see what your phone system is set on under the phone information?

The other way to get to the same menu is typing this code *#*#4636#*#* into your dialer and then select phone information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

No I don't have a third party LTE On/Off app, but I did check the settings using th *#*#4636#*#* and the phone is set to CMDA + LTE/EvDo auto, same as always. If I set it to LTE mode only, it pulls only 1x instead of LTE. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Something is wrong then especially if you have seen others with 4G phones in the same area as you have 4G on their phones. I would call customer service 1-800-922-0204 from another phone again. Select option 3 for tech support.

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm going to call again today when I get home from work. when I called yesterday the first woman I spoke with was helpful but when she offered to send me to tech support, I guess they didn't want to talk to me because she came back from putting me on hold and said that support told her it's an outage, so she couldn't transfer me. A three day outage that only affects me and my fiance's phone on my plan? Doesn't sound right to me.

0 Likes
jsmark

I've been having a similar issue in Mesa since Saturday. I always had solid 4g on my Thunderbolt. Since Saturday, it will only pick up 4g for a few minutes and half the time data still doesn't work. Then it disconnects and re-connects with 3g or 1x (if it reconnects at all). 

I turned off 4g and it is stable on 3g.

I was in a few other areas on Sunday and 4g was solid. I think it is a network issue, not an issue with my phone.

Verizon told me they escalated the issue, but I have not heard back.

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

Well I spoke with Verizon on Monday afternoon and went through all the motions with them for the battery/sim pull. nothing changed, and 3G was the only thing coming up. Still haven't gotten any 4G at all since Saturday, even in areas that are covered fully by 4G.

They told me it was a possible provisioning or network issue with my account, and they created a "ticket" for network people to address. Still only getting 3G, not even a hint of 4G. Been rebooting every few hours just to make sure and its all the same. Getting really tired of it. 

I didn't buy a 4G phone until the coverage was pretty readily available in AZ, and other places I travel...now tha tI have one and the phone has reverted to only 3G, this is really annoying and I'm not happy at all with the way Verizon simply states "its been escalated" and I'm still sitting around twidling my thumbs waiting for something to happen...

0 Likes