Re: 4G out in Phoenix Metro Area??!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am going to send you a PM tonight with an additional thing to check. It is a more advanced option that you can use to verify your settings and compare to my Tbolt. I need to write the message on a different machine then my phone so I can reference the exact steps.

Since it both of your 4G phones on the account, it does sound like a plan for the VZW techs to at least check your account on their end and back sure that you are provisioned properly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
azbobs
Yes have TB and have had the same issue all week in North Phoenix by 101 27th ave & 83rd & union hills. I get nothing, sometimes 3g/4g and 1x. When I get home I end up putting it on wifi to use data through Cox which is alot faster anyways, pretty sad thou.
Another happy Verizon customer!
Cheers
0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

I get 3G consistently, and the phone only drops into 1X if I force the phone into LTE mode only. The "Ticket" they put in was set with a 48 hour turn around...That's over now but the signal is still 3G... Looks like I'm calling Verizon again today after work, and probably getting nothing out of it...

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the Community for your responses.

Great troubleshooting by the community. I'm glad tech support opened a trouble ticket to check how your devices access the network. Since its multiple devices this would be the correct path. It normally takes 3-5 business days for the engineer to respond. Please PM me and I will gladly look into the trouble ticket for you.

Thank you

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

Private message sent. Thanks Joel.

0 Likes
jkaod

There is a 4G outage here in Vegas as well.  I confirmed it with tech support at VZW. They're working on it, no time frame.

0 Likes
josh_horne
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have been having the same exact problem. 3g and 1x only. It's been about a week or so of this.
0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

This is still the case for me. I got a status last Friday that the ticket being worked by the Networking Engineers is still open and unresolved. They said it was somehow a tower issue? And that it's affecting numberous numbers...

Going on almost two weeks of no 4G service, and no status yet this week. Probably going to call Verizon this afternoon after work to see if there's any more info on this yet... A little annoying that 4G still isn't working.

0 Likes
PhoenixThrone

Just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Support. After 11 days with no 4G service I figured I'd call back sicne I hadn't heard back on the ticket they "submitted." The rep I just spoke with just told me that the ticket was labeled that I'm not in a 4G area and that it's not expected for my area to get 4G until 2012. That's news to me as I was getting 4G service solid where I live and work up until August 20th.

More troubleshooting down...no resolution yet. I can't believe they lied on my ticket and decided to brush me off with some {word filter avoidance} excuse. 

0 Likes
ksully

I've been having a similar issue in San Clemente CA. I always had solid 4g on my Thunderbolt. Since Saturday, it will only pick up 4g for a few minutes and half the time data still doesn't work. Then it disconnects and re-connects with 3g or 1x. I went into the verizon store and was told to take my phone to a location with tech support. Way too busy to for that noise. Looks like it's a bigger issue anyway. Verizon can you let us know if this issue is being addressed????????

0 Likes