Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
4G outage?
Tpurvis06

4G isn’t working hardly at all. I’m back to raising my phone over my head like it’s 2010. It’s been going on for about 3/4 days. Im in 32009 area and never had this problem before

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G outage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tpurvis06, we always want you to have the service that you need. Though we are not showing any outages in the area, we absolutely want to get to the bottom of this. Are you experiencing any issue with calls or messages? Which plan do you have? Have you recently added any new apps, games or software to the device?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YANKEESISTA

I am in Van Buren Bay, NY Zip Code 14048.  Our cell phone service has been very limited (1/2 to one bar) and more often non-existent for more than a month now.  Yes, even outside facing different directions, in different locations in the yard and either towards Lake Erie or towards Route 5.  I have a Samsung SIII and my husband has a Samsung Convoy 3.  When we travel to the City of Dunkirk less than 5 miles from our house, we have full bars and full service of texting, phone calls and Internet.  So its not the phones.  This is not acceptable and we are reluctant to get rid of our landline for safety reasons.  Paying for two types of telephone services cannot continue and we may have to cancel the cell service and go with another carrier if this issue is not corrected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to get reliable signal, YANKEESISTA. when you are in and around your home, do you notice that you tend to be connected to the 3G network, or 4G LTE?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
YANKEESISTA

Verizon Wireless Customer Support:  First of all this method of getting answers to our questions is unsatisfactory.  There is no way to directly respond to your email.

Second, what I notice is that I either have a triangle with no bars or a circle with a line thru it stating that I have no service when I try to send a text or make a call. The closest location where I see 4G or 3G is in the city of Dunkirk 5 miles to the East.  I finally got thru to Customer Service on my landline and I was informed that Verizon is updating their service and that my current phone is no longer able to utilize the new service efficiently, something about 'hopping' onto WiFi when tower signal is not strong enough.  But how is it that after spending $300 for a phone, the company who sold it to me renders it unusable?  Doesn't Verizon have an obligation to provide cell phone service that will work on my device as part of my monthly service?  Verizon continues to cash my checks for the service but is not providing me with that service.  Isn't that fraud?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YANKEESISTA,

We want to make sure that we get you a resolution that would work for you. We do have Network Extenders that can improve your Calls. You do need to have a high-speed Internet to be able to run the Network Extender. Click here for more information: http://spr.ly/6588DqHXo .

0 Likes