4G problem
rexster314

When I got my Samsung GS3 back in January I made sure my residence was in the coverage map which it is. I got a reliable 4g connection at the time. Several weeks later it was gone, reduced to 3g. Since I use Wi-Fi at my home I wasn't too concerned. Last week I noticed I had a solid 4g on my phone at my residence and thought that another tower had been put in or the existing one had been tweaked. Yesterday it's back to 3g. My wife's SG3 is the same. The map still shows I'm right at the middle of coverage for 4G. Trying to figure out what is wrong. Verizon changed my SIM card out with no success.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: 4G problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Rexster314,

Let's take a look into this! I'd love to see you back in the fast lane. If you'd be so kind could you please forward your zip code so that I may review the coverage area. Often times coverage may vary depending on the number of connections on the tower. As more connections are made radius of the cell signal may decrease.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rexster314

Hi thanks for the response

ZIP is 77486, West Columbia, Texas

i don't really want to put my address on here, but I live in the city, not outside of city limits and according to the coverage map I am totally 4g coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rexster314,

Thanks for the details! I have identified some service opportunities in the area. Do you experience the issue outdoors as well? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
rexster314

Happens in my house, regardless of location and outside my house as well. If I go out in the street, sometimes it might get 4g. I've had the same apps, nothing new. If I go to the downtown area, more than likely I get 4g.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info rexster314! Is the software up to date on your Samsung SIII. This will help with connectivity concerns with your device.  Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes