4G speeds have dropped to <640kbps
STEEVF

In the last month my 4G LTE speeds have dropped to 640kbps or less!!

I have a 40 GB plan. With a Jet-pack to keep my desktop computer online.  Since I'm not using the "unlimited" plan, I do not expect there to be any throttling after 10GB.  And I have no plans to use that "unlimited" plan because of the throttling after 10GB.  So what is going on?  My upload speed is around 1.5mbps which is rather slow too but not as bad as the download!  This is my only internet connection and I can't be having these slow connections. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G speeds have dropped to <640kbps
STEEVF

Followup,

One of the things about this that someone from another forum asked me to check was if my cell phone was throttled too. So I too my phone off wi-fi and did a speed check and it was fine.   So it was suggested that I reboot the Jet-Pack.

I have 5mbps download now which is acceptable.  Rebooting the device seems to have solved the issue.  It was something going on with the Jet Pack specifically.

What could that have been?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steevf,

We are so glad to hear you are up and running with your service. I know I rely heavily on my jetpack as well. Rebooting your jetpack is a fantastic troubleshooting step. This is one of the first things we have you do as well. This allows everything in the jetpack to resync with our networks and makes sure you are pulling the best cell strength available. This also allows the device to refresh if any software may have been downloaded. So happy this was an easy resolve for you.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JWGennings

After talking to one of your representatives tonight, I'm very dissapointed to find out how y'all are representing this slow down to 3G speeds of 640kbps.  After a  lengthy conversation, I found out that means you will throttle it back to zero if you see fit.  Unlimited data is being controlled by Verizon even on 3G.  What a [Removed] business y'all are running.  I check my speed tonight and it was running at .036 gbps which is 36Kbps.  So basically, y'all can slow it down to dial up speeds if you see fit.  Please explain to me how that is fair and even sensible!  Very dissatisfied Customer!!!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes