KCKAMAL

I live in Kansas City Mo. and we have 4G at KCI and in the area around The Arrow Head stadium but no where else and I called Verizon to see why and i was told that by the end of 2012 everyone should have 4G up and running,then after that I was asked did i want to upgrade my second phone to a 4G headset why would I do that when I can't get 4G service through out the whole city...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G
rcschnoor
Legend

John_Getzke wrote:

KCKAMAL wrote:

i was told that by the end of 2012 everyone should have 4G up and running

Not true.  Only certain US cities have existing 4G infrastructures.  More are being added to the list all the time but the complete 4G LTE conversion will not be complete for several more years.

As the OP was talking about Kansas City in particular, I believe that he meant KC would be up and running by the end of 2012, not everyone in the US.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
statdetective
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you use your phone in the 4G area most of the time it might be reasonable to upgrade, even though a large part of the city has not been upgraded to 4G yet.

If you are traveling to other cities where 4G is available and you need 4G connectivity, again it might make sense to upgrade.

The decision to upgrade or not, depends upon a lot of situational factors. The 4G network is really fast, but there appear to be some data connectivity issues. If you don't need 4G now, perhaps it makes sense to upgrade later.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

KCKAMAL wrote:

Not true.  Only certain US cities have existing 4G infrastructures.  More are being added to the list all the time but the complete 4G LTE conversion will not be finished until some time in 2013.

If you ever want to lookup which areas have 4G LTE coverage then check out the coverage map from Verizon:

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

John_Getzke wrote:

KCKAMAL wrote:

Not true.  Only certain US cities have existing 4G infrastructures.  More are being added to the list all the time but the complete 4G LTE conversion will not be complete for several more years.

As the OP was talking about Kansas City in particular, I believe that he meant KC would be up and running by the end of 2012, not everyone in the US.

0 Likes
mtritsch

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage If you look at the map it says that there is 4G coverage in Kansas City in spots now. however no official announcement has been made. One rep at a store said that it was the end of November but I have not seen any release information on this. Can someone confitm this is the case for 4G in Kansas City?

0 Likes