Husband got this for a friend and now we are stuck with it for 20 more months. He assumed that he was renting it and could turn it back in after the friend left... Have router at home so really do need it but thought if I have to pay for it anyway, then why not use it at home for my router and do away with home line and router service through phone company....Makes sense, right???? So I called Verizon to try to figure out how this things data usage works and they stated they did not know...So I am asking you a couple of questions before I make this move from grandfathered home line service....I do a lot of comparison shopping online, email, financial, download pictures and send to be processed and printing. Have never played internet games or downloaded movies.
1. Can I link my brother wireless MFC4860DW printer to this jetpack and it print? If so, how do I do it?
2. If I am not printing or online, am I using data? I have a 4GB olan and Do not want to go over....
3. Should I unplug it each time I log off the computer?
4. If I were to forget to unplug, is it using my alloted data plan?
5. Should I change the password?
6. Is there anyway you can get out of this contract with Verizon?
7. If you can think of anything else that I have not asked, please advise...
8. Have you asked your current Internet provider how much data you use with the landline DSL/cable connection?
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
You may want to do a search on this forum, if you haven't already ... there are several threads with other users' asking the same questions you are, current users providing responses, and folks posting issues.