Re: 4g LTE is a joke-period
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

The most likely issue!? The "people" are adding network capacity and it's only a temporary thing. You were caught in a bad time when VZW and their contractors are installing/tuning LTE.

0 Likes
rdoine

That sounds like a reasonable possibility.  But, why would Verizon not just acknowledge the issue and be done with it.  Anyway, I hope the problem goes away.

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Frankly by this point I think the whole company just needs to go away.  I am so sick of fighting with this stuff...

0 Likes
reddeviltj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm out here in rural farmland of SE Michigan and VZ is the only internet that I've been able to use in the last 4 years.  We had satellite and that was ridiculous.  We used the VZ aircards for 4 years and I just bought my MiFi last Thursday.  We're not in 4G territory yet but this 3G is the best I've experienced in years.  I've been a VZ customer since 2001 and have never been let down by them.  

0 Likes
rdoine

Thanks for your comment.  I've also had Verizon for years.  In fact when I moved to Michigan in 2000, I was with a company that eventually became Verizone. 

That being said, I have always had great service from Verizon over the entire USA and Canada.  But the switch to this new 4g phone has been a nightmare.

Again today, I lost service for about 30 minutes.  No calls in or out and the indicator showed 4g and a full 5 bars of signal.  But not ability to get anything done.  Then, a quickly as I lost service, it showed back up again.

That can't be right.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

How would you like Verizon to admit it? Should the technicians stop what they are doing and call you to let you know they are getting ready to work on the system to better serve you in the future? I firmly believe that if your case is the norm that Verizon would not be around. Maybe you have a bad device? Maybe you are simply in a dead zone? Stop and think for a moment, maybe it's your end that has the problems? Do you know someone else around you that has a Verizon phone to compare with? Try that next time and see what happens.

I don't seem to have any problems.

http://speedtest.net/result/1418682460.png

0 Likes
rdoine

I certainly don't want to get into a peeing match with you but what I do want is a phone that works when I go to make a call or when someone else tries to call me.  I'm not in dead zones.  I'm smart enough to be able to figure that out.  And, the phone has been replaced once with the new phone doing exactly the same thing right in from of the CSR.

I was in Wichita, KS this week and kept running into the same issue.  I have 5 bars indicated and 4g network indicated but nothing happens.

Since I had some time to kill, I went into a Verizon store.  The CSR tried everything he could think of including replacing the SIMM card.  Still not calls. 

Then we had another CSR call Tier 2 support.  They could not get anything to happen and noted that there did not seem to be anything wrong with my phone.  The Tier 2 support person did something with clearing my phone number and resetting it at their end.  The phone began working but I have had some sporadic issues since Wednesday but not as bad.

Most of the people who tell me they don't have any problems seem to be people who are not in multiple states and/or cities each week although your signature seems to indicate you spend at least a fair amount of time on the road.  And, do you have a Droid Charge? 

Again, I have been with Verizon for at least 10 years and have never had an issue with any other phone or their 3g system.  This is frustrating and makes the money spent on the phone seem wasted.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I would pick out a new phone in a heartbeat. I would make sure it works before I left the store! Good luck!

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

rdoine wrote:

Thanks for your comment.  I've also had Verizon for years.  In fact when I moved to Michigan in 2000, I was with a company that eventually became Verizone. 

That being said, I have always had great service from Verizon over the entire USA and Canada.  But the switch to this new 4g phone has been a nightmare.

Again today, I lost service for about 30 minutes.  No calls in or out and the indicator showed 4g and a full 5 bars of signal.  But not ability to get anything done.  Then, a quickly as I lost service, it showed back up again.

That can't be right.

Hi Rdoine,

In reviewing of your post, are you still service issues? Where are you specifically located when your having these issues? I ask because  your posting was not clear on your exact location. Depending where you located in the state of Michigan, it could be your not in a 4G area. I am providing a link to our website that helps with locating the 4G service in your area. If you continue to have problems with your phone not working, please send me a private message with your information to be contacted back.  

0 Likes
rdoine
Please re-read my posts. You will see that I am all over the country. I am standing in verizon stores. Doesn't matter whether I am in a 4g area. The phone should still make and receive calls. When I say no calls and no calls out, that is just what I mean. I'm sure you are trying to be helpful but you missed the point entirely. The phone should make and receive calls as long as I'm in a verizon coverage area, 1x, 3g, or 4g. I don't care if the call is on 4g, just connect!
0 Likes