4g LTE very slow (31602)
Rkvick1975

Ever since switching to Unlimited data my download speeds have been well under 1 Mbps.  Compared to an upload speed of over 12. Nowhere near excessive use.  Reset my phone, checked speed at multiple times if the day in different parts of town and it is always slow.  My location is Valdosta Georgia 31602. Any tower issues? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g LTE very slow (31602)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan did you switch to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rkvick1975

I switched to the Go Unlimited plan.  I have only used about 3gb this cycle.  Mostly because my phone is nearly unusable at these speeds.  Been at .25 Mbps all day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rkvick1975 We want you to have a pleasant 4G LTE data experience. Let's gather more details. Are you only having issues with slow data speeds in a specific location (indoors, outdoors, work, school etc.)? Also, let us know if you notice the problem happening during a specific time frame. How are you using data on the Go Unlimited plan (web browsing, streaming, hotspot, etc.)? There are not any alerts in the area so we'll start with looking at the device and how service is being used. Please review this helpful link with FAQs about the Go Unlimited plan: Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless 

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEELSHA

I also don't ever experience speeds over 1Mbps. Most of the time I have to wait until I can connect with WiFi to text a picture to someone. I intentionally have not gone to unlimited because I don't want to be throttled down but Verizon seems to just throttle me out of the gate anyway. I have a Samsung S8+ and I have done all the antenna resets with Verizon and it did nothing but create more hassle for me having to reconnect all my devices. Why am I getting such poor speeds? Zip code is 59917, Verizon is the only carrier in my area and everyone has the same issues. Verizon always says "no alerts in your area" which makes me think that only alerts go out when service drops below 1×

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

'No Alerts' just means that there isn't an outage in the area and that the network is transmitting signal and operating as designed.

It sounds like what you're experiencing is due to capacity and congestion, if a bunch of people are using the same network at the same time to transmit data speeds will be affected for everyone there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you've been dealing with slow speeds, KEELSHA. The area does have 4G, and we want your speeds to reflect that. How do your speeds differ when outdoors versus indoors? Is there any impact to your calls? How long have you had this experience with data?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes