4g USB modem with Android (wifi only, ICS) tablet?
acer_a200

Will the  VZW UML290 4g USB modem work with an Android tablet (obviously without a built-in 4g radio, only wifi)?  There is no VZ Access Manager software for Android, would an Android networking app do the trick?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g USB modem with Android (wifi only, ICS) tablet?
Tidbits
Legend

>Post deleted for violating VZW's TOS. Discussions concerning rooting is not permitted in this forum<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
acer_a200

>Post deleted for violating VZW TOS. Discussions on rooting, jailbreaking,....... a device are not allowed.<

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

>Post deleted for violating VZW's TOS. Discussions concerning rooting, jailbreaking...... are not allowed<

0 Likes
acer_a200

Understood, thanks for the information.

0 Likes
acer_a200

I see that every single reply to my question was deleted by a VZ moderator, does the moderator have an actual answer to my original question?

0 Likes
askalthea

Hi, I have the same question because I want to buy a Transformer Prime. <Content deleted per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service>

The best that I could find is that you'll do just fine with a MiFi hotspot device and the appropriate Verizon account.  Reviews seem to favor the 4510 L over the Samsung MiFi device.   If you have an account for the Pantech now, you can upgrade your contract to the MiFi.  All of your computers, Android, Mac and Windows will work on the MiFi hotspot because there is no software needed to connect.

Alternatively, you can check out Cradlepoint wireless routers.  They offer a boatload of portable WiFi routers that can tether to any number of mobile devices including the Pantech UML290.   For the Pantech, you plug it into the Cradlepoint router's USB port and create your own portable hotspot LEGALLY with your Verizon Pantech account. You then connect your Transformer wirelessly to this hotspot bypassing the need to use the VZW interface that is not yet, and may never be, Android compatible.

As for your original post regarding an Android app for the Pantech UML290, I'm certain some 'enterprising' droid devotee is working on it, However, I've not yet found anything on the web yet that provides a viable work around except for the completely legit MiFi from Verizon or a Cradlepoint wireless router.

NB to Verizon support.  You should have provided the MiFi information, it's your product for pete's sake.

Good luck!

0 Likes
askalthea

Hi, see my post on this forum, assuming that it's not been deleted by Verizon.  It shouldn't have because it uses a legitimate Verizon wireless product.

Be well.

Cheers...Askalthea

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Anything that breaks the basic security of a device is against the terms of the forum regardless of the product being used.

0 Likes
askalthea

Thanks, but am all hooked up.  GL!

0 Likes